LegacyGT.com

Atlantic Blue Pearl always shiny?? HELP!

every time i wash my car and dry it with a microfiber, it seems like the car is extremely shiny already. It seems like waxing it doesnt even make a difference on the appearance of the ABP paint.

I mean, looking at black, red and WRB blue wrx/sti's, i can definitely see the before and after results of washing and waxing the car. But with my ABP, i cant make it any shinier :(

Im using Meguiars NXT wax btw.

It's Probably Too Light Of A Color To See Much Of A Difference, Like White And Silver. And Remember, You're Not Actually Waxing The Blue, But The Clear, So To See A Diff, You'll Need To Look At The Paint At An Angle While It's Reflecting A Contrasting Color......dark Colors Look Better Because There Are More Colors To Contrast Them......

Atlantic Blue is pretty dark.

It has very good reflections but it will never have the shine of Royal Blue because it doesn't reflect the sun as well. In that way its like some silvers. It has very very fine flakes. In order to get those flakes to pop you have to prep the paint. I would Clay bar and polish first. Use a polish/glaze combo if you can.

Then use NXT on top.

Or try Zaino z2 (get only the z2 nothing else) or Wolfgang or Poorboys Natty's Blue or Duragloss (105 or Aquawax).

Atlantic Blue is pretty dark.

It has very good reflections but it will never have the shine of Royal Blue because it doesn't reflect the sun as well. In that way its like some silvers.

I'm inclined to agree with this.

ABP seems to have quite a bit of grey/silver in its pallet. Depending on ambient lighting, it can appear quite grey and muted.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

that's a very similar color to my Civic. try some Prima Epic for extremely wet

look. not just shiny, but deep and wet.

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/gallery/data/500/medium/epic_reflection_shade.JPG

here's a link to the product. i did a review in this forum, check it out.

http://www.detailersparadise.com/View.asp?Id=Y552-Z069015135196-X236-X20060714131508

OVER IN ANOTHER PAINT THREAD WE WERE DISCUSSING WAXING AND CLAYING, AND ON MY RBP SEDAN, IT'S LIKE CLEAR WAS STILL CURING---THE CLAY DULLED IT LIKE WET SANDING WOULD DO. MAYBE THE '05 CLEAR IS FINALLY CURED, WHERE OUR '06s ARE STILL IN THAT STAGE. FROM WHAT I'VE READ, SUBIES DON'T USUALLY HAVE THE BEST PAINT..........JUST A THOUGHT...........

I'm inclined to agree with this.

ABP seems to have quite a bit of grey/silver in its pallet. Depending on ambient lighting, it can appear quite grey and muted.

Yep!:) If you look at the picture posted above you can see how it almost seems to dull out on the front door and then reflects again on the front and rear fender. You would see more floor tile detail in the middle if this was an undetailed royal blue.

I love my atlantic blue because it looks darker at night and pops when the sun hits it in the day. Silvers always look great with glazes or polish/glaze step so next summer I will try Red Moose glaze by Clearkote which I hear is amazing on dark silvers and should be just as amazing on abp, Or one of the meguiars glazes.

If someone says hey this product was great on my blue, don't try it unless you see the blue they are talking about. But if they say this was great on my silver or light grey then try it ;)

Archived