LegacyGT.com

Loving to Denver Area..

2furious

I will be moving to Denver Area at the end of the year or early in the next.

I have 5 yo boy and 3 yo girl with wife. I got 05 LGT SDN and 05 OB (Not XT).

I'm thinking Aurora for living. But I'm not sure which area are good for kids. I mean good School District... I know there are many cities around metro Denver area, so please give your feedback about the school district, real estate value, and safety as well..

Thanks in advance...

From Desert to Rocky to SLC !!!

littleton, highlands ranch, aurora(a little ghetto these days)...i think the western side of the I25 would be a good bet. I'm from the springs, but i used to live in Dtown and it has expanded quite a bit. Even the north west part is pretty good as well....Boulder, Golden..that sort. Glad to see you moving here! You'll love it.

South is newer and the schools are typically better. I also like the area near Ken Karl or is it Carl. Homes there I believe are pricier though, but its right next to c470 which is a bonus depending on the times you use it.

Thank you guys...

I will be working in Englewood. Is it so called Tech Center?

Is Aurora ghetto thesedays? I've been there last May and it looked good to me though...

How's freeway traffic in rush hour? How bad is it?

Thanks again.

From Desert to Rocky to SLC !!!

Thanks again.

horrible, but with the new trex thing open might be better, but very bad traffic, stay off the highways from 4:30-6:30, and thats anywhere you go side streets, highway

Thank you guys...

I will be working in Englewood. Is it so called Tech Center?

Is Aurora ghetto thesedays? I've been there last May and it looked good to me though...

Thanks again.

Yeah, thats the Denver Tech Center. It also depends on what part of Aurora you are talking about. South/East Aurora is fine. Thats where I grew up and still live. I actually built a house where I used to ride dirt bikes as a kid. Anywhere North of Mississippi and you could call that the "Ghetto"

Traffic sucks in general, but since TREX finished, I-25 is a little better.

:munch:

I'll be moving there soon (hopefully) also. I was looking at Parker and also some places up in Westminster.

Parker is nice.....my parents live out there, and a few of my friends do too. The wife and kid and I will probably be moving out to Parker next year sometime. She wants to get ready for our daughter to go to school, and the Douglas County Schools are good. Right now, we are in the Aurora School District.....missed the cut-off for the Cherry Creek District (highest ranked in the state probably) by 2 blocks when we had our house built a few years ago.

traffic on i-25 has improved quite a bit after t-rex. i can make my drive home from the south part of the tech center to lakewood (about a 22 mile drive) in about 35-40 min. it used to take about 50 min, sometimes more.

heading south to work is a breeze, about 25-30 min.

If you are going to be working in the tech center i would try to stay south of 6th ave. lots of people seem to like parker, highlands ranch isnt really my style and i wanted to be a little closer to i-70 for skiing, mtn biking etc, so i picked lakewood.

Steer clear of the Arapahoe/Parker intersection. Trust me, you dont want to deal with that everyday. Actually, you should avoid Arapahoe Rd all together. If you're working in the tech center I would look for something just west of I-25 between Hampden and Dry Creek. Having to drive around the state park is a pain. Sorry i cant help with school districts but I think that area is cherry creek. Welcome!

people complaining about rush hour traffic in denver typically do not know how good they have it. I moved here from Dallas, where it borders on insanity for traffic. I also have family in Boston and can attest from numerous visits there that Dallas is really bad. It never takes too long to get anywhere in denver. As for schools, cherry creek school district is the best with douglas county schools close behind. I live in Parker about halfway between Parker Road & I25 and travel up 25 every morning from the founders exit and it only takes about 15 - 20 mins at most to get to the county line exit which is only a couple exits from the Tech Center. I would check out Castle Rock & south Parker if you want something newer.

+100000

Moved here from the NYC area...There is no such thing as traffic out here...for real. :lol:

honestly 15 extra mins is a pain but i'm glad i've never had to deal with the east coast or west coast traffic. stay away frim I-70 in the am:mad:

• 3 weeks later...

Everything I have to offer... (All opinion)

1. It sucks to cross I-25 unless you are on another HWY. This seems to hold true all the way from 144th Ave(Way up north) down to Colorado Springs. ^_^

2. It sucks to cross I-70 unless you are NOT on another HWY. The only HWYs that actually cross I-70 in the DenMetro area are I-25(Mousetrap) itself, and 6th(requires GPS or an Ouija board to navigate). Every other HWY either branches from or terminates at I70.

If we accept these two statements as fact, then we can conclude that you should prioritize living and working on the same side of I-25 first, and the same side of I-70 second.

There is also a big series of HWYs that circle the area. In some cases, it can be faster to travel around the perimeter of the city than cut thru on the main arteries. These include (clockwise from the North):

270(I25n to I70e)

225(I70e to I25s)

C470(I25s to I70w)

76(I70w to I25N)

It is almost always easier to drive away from Denver than to drive towards it. However, I’ve not had to work the DTC, and I’ve not lived on the south side since long before I could drive. So I have much less authority on this topic (read: none).

(Saudi) Aurora is a MASSIVE city. It comprises almost the entire east side of the Metro area. Where Broomfield, Westminster, Arvada, Wheatridge, Lakewood, and Littleton, cover the same area to the west. Weather seems to be more severe in Aurora, and there is definitely a greater sense of crime. But if you stick to the South end, it shouldn’t be an issue.

That’s all I have at the moment. If I can think of anything more, I will add it later.

-Jim

(AKA 09F911029D74E35BD84156C5635688C0)

Archived