LegacyGT.com

ram air???

LDS06LEGACY

Ultimately the best you're going to do is like Keefe has, just let more air in.

You can't really "ram" air into a turbo, it's going to suck the air in at it's own rate. So you won't really benefit from a ram air setup like you would on a n/a engine.

I removed silencer and replaced it with a $8 PVC elbow 3" in diameter with a reducer to attach to the bottom of the cleaner box. The elbo drops perfectly to the fog light hole. I do not have fogs so I made mesh inserts to replace the stock plastic covers. It was extremly easy with the cow tipper(front bumper) off. Little to no difference except car runs a little cooler sound a little better. But in reality air isn't being forced in hard enough until approx 76 mph. There is a bit of a difference on the breeze way when passing or hitting a different speed zone.

I removed silencer and replaced it with a $8 PVC elbow 3" in diameter with a reducer to attach to the bottom of the cleaner box. The elbo drops perfectly to the fog light hole. I do not have fogs so I made mesh inserts to replace the stock plastic covers. It was extremly easy with the cow tipper(front bumper) off. Little to no difference except car runs a little cooler sound a little better. But in reality air isn't being forced in hard enough until approx 76 mph. There is a bit of a difference on the breeze way when passing or hitting a different speed zone.

right but you're also an NA engine which will benefit from the ram air effect :)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Keefe's grille $400 +

My DIY grille mod $100 + time.

Another idea for pseudo-Ram Air is if one has the STI/RBS lip spoiler then you could duct the air from the front into a pipe to the deleted silencer hole.

I noticed while reinstalling the lower engine cover/splash guard that it already has recessed channels to that area...

So if you opened the area above the lip (between the lip and OEM bumper cover), then sealed the whole area with a sheet of ABS. You could run a pipe down to the natural gathering area in front of the RF wheel, below the air box.

Effective? who knows. Just another DIY project thought. In fact this mod could be engineered to work with Typhoons or other CAIs.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

Archived