LegacyGT.com

Anyone using home audio in there car?

ripsweetness

I havent played in car audio for awhile. I have had the same system for years. Its finally time to get updated. I have been doing alot of research and have heard from more than one person that they are using home audio components because they offer good quality with out paying for all the hype.

Now the last time I saw this was high school (10 years ago). Kids were cargo strapping floor speakers to there back seat. I once saw a sub box made out of card board and paneling (none of that cheap crap this paneling had ducks on it):lol: It had 2 pioneer subs that collapsed the box after a week.

My question is what companies are people using and where to find them. Is there any concern with reliability seeings how they will be so much closer to moisture than they maybe designed for? I owned a pair of focal components that I moved from one car to another after a year and the cone was real brittle:icon_mad: . Not impressed with that $400 dollar purchase.

The argument for using them is, for the price you pay, you get a driver that is constucted of superior materials, has superior specs and superior sonic characteristics. Go take a look at some of these drivers from Vifa, Seas, Peerless, Tang Band etc. Many of these drivers are made specifically for car applications, but these manufacturers focus thier primary business on selling raw drivers to audiophile speaker manufacturers that build these drivers into $5,000, $10,000 and even $100,000 pairs of speakers. They don't advertise to the general public (as they have no need to) and have very little marketing expense. This means they can put more dollars back into product development and less into magazine ads and paying celeberties to endorse thier product.

Welcome:)

Sorry but this thread is really funny to me......

If you have the caish to buy the car ....WHY??????

Home speakers in the Subaru:lol::lol:

:lol: I agree it's funny, but wanted to research all possibilities. I have paid big money in the past for Jl audio and focal equipment sounded great but think I could accomplish the same sound for less money.

Archived