LegacyGT.com

Black line in headlights.

legacy4me

Is that HID on the left and regular on the right?

your cutoff looks weird, is that what you are pointing out?

X

In that picture, yes HID on left, regular on right. Im wondering about the black line on the left hand side, but now that you mentioned it, what do you notice about the cutoff?

I think the cutoff needs to look more like this:

http://deexboy.com/albums/album28/IMG_5017.sized.jpg

Granted this image is from further away, but I had my car very close to a wall (parking lot) and it always looks straight like in the above pic, with no black lines.

X

---

I noticed this in my lights as well, found this on another thread..any ideas what i can do to resolve this? mine looks the same as this light on the left...

turn the bulb around the other way...and im being serious

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

turn the bulb around the other way...and im being serious

the beam patterns on both sides are very similar. the right side is a stock halogen bulb without any removal/changes. the left side is the HID bulb fitting in the ONLY way it could. (this means there is only one notch to fit into the housing) possibly the manufacturer mounted the bulb on the bulb holder incorrectly?

perhaps this is why i can't do what you say! :icon_mrgr

In the pic below, you see the bulb holder is complete circular on the part shown. on the other side is the portruding notch which fits into the housing like the stock bulb. unfortunately, there is no other way to fit it in. with the notch on the other side, the blue bar thing is above the bulb when mounted, which from what i hear is the correct way to have it.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/soyboy004/LegacyGT/bulb.jpg

the beam patterns on both sides are very similar. the right side is a stock halogen bulb without any removal/changes. the left side is the HID bulb fitting in the ONLY way it could. (this means there is only one notch to fit into the housing) possibly the manufacturer mounted the bulb on the bulb holder incorrectly?

perhaps this is why i can't do what you say! :icon_mrgr

manfufacture made the bulb wrong, but on my stock headlight(no the bulb), there are two notches, so that i can turn the bulb around

beam patterns will be similar, the only thing wrong is the the ROD on the HID bulb is facing up instead of down..

im curious as to who makes your HID kit

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

manfufacture made the bulb wrong, but on my stock headlight(no the bulb), there are two notches, so that i can turn the bulb around

beam patterns will be similar, the only thing wrong is the the ROD on the HID bulb is facing up instead of down..

im curious as to who makes your HID kit

i got the apexcones from therpmstore. i will check the housing again for the dual notches in which to install the bulbs.

I currently have 6000k bulbs. They are a little too 'indigo' for what I was looking for. I knew I should have got then 4,300. Im hoping once I order the 4,300k bulbs, then the projection will be different. Only problem is that the company who makes my kit, the lowest temp they go down to is 5,000k. Im hoping I can buy a set of Apexcone's to put in my kit.

I currently have 6000k bulbs. They are a little too 'indigo' for what I was looking for. I knew I should have got then 4,300. Im hoping once I order the 4,300k bulbs, then the projection will be different. Only problem is that the company who makes my kit, the lowest temp they go down to is 5,000k. Im hoping I can buy a set of Apexcone's to put in my kit.

buying another temp bulb wont change how the beam is projected, since your still using the same projector...

I have seen this on other Legacy's. Maybe the projector is different on the '06s?

X

Ok, something that I just remembered...

I Have 05 lights on my 06..i bought a spare set of lights (05's) to black out and put on my car....

I have never had the problem, as the H7's that i have are able to be installed with the rod facing down on both sets of lights

What kit and bulbs do you have? I was thinking on getting the different temp. so that mine wont be as purple, also hoping i wouldnt see that black line as much. Can I mix ballasts with other manufacturer's bulbs?

i have two, mcculloch and banzai...as long as the connectors are the same, they will be interchangeable...iv done it numerous times :icon_mrgr

the black line will still be there until you flip the bulb

im new at this. and i didnt install my lights. what do i need to do to properly flip the bulbs? sorry if this is a dumb question.

turn the bulb so that the rod is facing down

I have teh XTEC 5000K kit.

And I went really close to a wall today and my cutoff was just straight, nothing like yours.

X

Did you have the black line at all?

My lights and cutoff are not like the one in the original picture, that picture is one I found that shows the black line. Mine are look like this : ___/----

when against a wall.

I have teh XTEC 5000K kit.

And I went really close to a wall today and my cutoff was just straight, nothing like yours.

X

if your cutoff was just straight, then something is wrong...

legacy4me, your cutoff is fine, a little bit of the output is being afected by the rod facing up and thats about it

Archived