LegacyGT.com

Access Port Question, Im stumped Please help

I have an 05 LGT with about 18k miles on it.

I bought an AccessPort yesterday and have been trying to get the stage 1, 93 octane map loaded on my car.

Problem is, the Access port has AT maps on it while I have a MT Legacy. According to other posts that I see, I should be able to load both on the Accessport. My problem comes into play when I try to load any of the maps from :

http://www.cobbtuning.com/legacy/accessport/

The error message that it posts when I try to load the maps is:

"Error: Unable to transmit map file to access port. Reason: Map file is invalid (wrong version of Map/AccessPort)"

When the Access port starts up, it says that it is 1.2 for LGT.

Should I be loading different maps? I read somewhere else that some people have had to apply a patch. I tried to apply this patch, however it says that no patch needed or no access port found. Since I am able to connect to the access port through the AccessPORT Map Manager, I have to assume that no patch is needed.

Where should I be getting the correct maps for this AccessPORT? What else should I try? I tried unmarrying the AP from my car, did and then realized that I could not even load maps at that point, so then I remarried it with stock mod map and can now at least attempt to load maps again.

Im stuck, where can i get some maps that it will allow me to load?

even if you did not know the AP was transmission specific the seller should have asked you what trans you had. if he won't take it back and he should, you need to call Cobb and see if they work something out for you. that would really suck. bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

The FS accessport thread clearly states that it is for auto. Did you discuss with the seller that you had a manual?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=798016#post798016

i stand corrected, then yes you have a problem. i would call Cobb and plead insanity maybe they can fix/reload it if not, sell it. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

I was able to get my hands on a program to reprogram the Whole accessport which allowed me to update it and later upload the Maps for a 2005 LGT Manual Transmission!

No need for purchasing a new accessport, nor sending in to Cobb, which was a huge relief to me that I wouldnt have to drive for a few days with the wrong maps on my car as a base map...

Catted that Isht :)

Problem solved, thanks CObb for helpin out

Although I was able to do this, everybody probably should not expect Cobb to help out in this type of situation. They normally have you send them in to reprogram. I was going to buy a second one from them, have them send it to me and then have them credit the one I purchased from them when they received the one that I had purchased second hand originally .

i stand corrected, then yes you have a problem. i would call Cobb and plead insanity maybe they can fix/reload it if not, sell it. bosco

best advice so far :lol: Cobb's a good outfit to deal with. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived