LegacyGT.com

Auto shift direction swap

Stewart_Marler

Has anyone seen a how-to on swapping the up and down on the auto sports shift? I'm from the "fwd for downshift, aft for upshift" camp, and would really like to swap mine.

I'm guessing it aint too hard - maybe just which wire is plugged into which plug - but I'd rather learn from someone else's experiences if they've already done it. Otherwise, I'll have to experiment myself.

actually, you'll likely have to physically swap the buttons. As it turns out, the buttons are resistors and depending on the resistance through the circuit, the car decides whether to shift up or down. So if you just switch the wires, the buttons will do the exact same thing (there are only 2 wires anyway).

This would be far more complicated than you would initially think.

Member Casopolis was possibly working on a new resistor set-up for the radio, so he MIGHT be working on something for the shifters too (but doubtful).

I'm also requesting this thread be moved to Interior. The "How To" forums are for posting "how to" threads and questions should be posted in the appropriate technical forums! :)

Archived