LegacyGT.com

Paint recommendations for DIY Grille

ogradnis

I finished making a blacked out mesh grill recently and I painted it with a flat black Dupilcor spray. I covered the entire thing including the crome ring around the grille with about 6 coats of paint. I thought I'd be good but only a few days later I started seeing little hairline cracks in the paint with the chrome showing through. Now tiny pieces are flaking off.

I am going to have to take it back off the car, strip it and repaint it with something else. Any recommendations for other colors of black paint?

As a side note, I did not prime the chrome or anything else since the can didn't say I needed to and I did not "rough up" the chrome with sand paper. Would either of these have made a difference?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah but I didn't use his installation method. I cut everything out of the center and just left the outside shell. Then I attached the grille guy grille with epoxy.

The pictures don't show it very well, but when you look at it straight on, the grille almost disappears. I'm pretty happy with it.

Archived