LegacyGT.com

05-06 Legacy short throw shifters

shifter  

49 members have voted

1. 1. shifter

• Get a factory short throw?
    • Get an aftermarket shifter?
    • Just keep the factory one?

I have a slightly modified kartboy and I love it. I cut the threads and ground down the thick part of the shaft so the knob can twist down over it further. It is the perfect height now,

But if I could do it all over, I'd get the cobb. Totally adjustable so you can make it as long or as short as you want.

JDM GT Bilsteins (F-Tanabe R-Pinks)

JDM RSB - Modded Kartboy SS - Subaru Momo Knob

Subastyle Grille

I've been shopping around for a short throw shifter for a while. The three I considered in the order of least desirability were:

Kartboy - This looks like a great shifter, but doesn't seem to have adjustability. Oddly, there are different Kartboy STS for different Subarus. I thought all the 5 speeds were interchangeable but they're not.

MSI - This has an adjustable throw, but the height is not adjustable. It looks like the best machined STS. Shiny.

Cobb - If this ever goes on sale, I'm going to pounce on this one. I don't know if I need the height adjustment, but it's nice to have it because I have a raised armrest but I also want better access to HVAC controls.

I got the kartboy and it's great. I would get the shifter first then get the front bushing later. I took off my kartboy front bushing because it made my car too hard to shift.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I got the kartboy and it's great. I would get the shifter first then get the front bushing later. I took off my kartboy front bushing because it made my car too hard to shift.

I too love my kartboy sans bushing. Height is just right for my tatse so there was no need for the adjustable Cobb. Either way, you can't go wrong.

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

thanks for al the great info. did anyone ever heard anything about the perrin shifter adapter??http://www.perrinperformance.com/products/legacy/short_shifter.htm

Would like to see some comments too!

Archived