LegacyGT.com

Something Weird after Install>>>

firewalker77

Got an 05 LGT with 36K on it, AT. finally stepped up and wanted to put an intake kit in and a down and up pipe for starters. The place I went to i s pretty reputable in the area, so I went for it. they put a Perrin short ram intake in, and the uppipe, (downpipe was misordered for a MT) so they couldn't do it now. anyway, after the install, I was told to undo the pos. battery cable, and let it sit for a few minutes, and that would reset the ECU from the recent mods. Well I replaced the cable, drove about 20 minutes, and my engine light, and flashing cruise control notification went on. I tried to disable battery a couple of times and this did not reset it, or stop the warning lights.

I called the shop, and they said I will have to come in and they will plug in the diagnostics. Is this something anyone is familiar with or does it seem odd to you too?

odds are it's the intake (probably better off with the stocker if you're not tuning 4 it). then again, could be the egt sensor not 'fixed' with a resistor when the new uppipe went in.

you'll want to tune for your mods to avoid cels/maximize results.

g'luck.

...they put a Perrin short ram intake in, and the uppipe, (downpipe was misordered for a MT) so they couldn't do it now. anyway, after the install...

Did you do the risitor fix? If not, use 2.2Kohm half watt and put it the harness where the UP EGT sensor goes in.

It is most likely the EGT from the uppipe like everyone is saying (needs a resistor), but I think meier motor sports is right...take it back to the clowns that did the install and have them do it right.

You should also get some engine management...an AccessPort will take care of the CEL problem for the EGT as well as set the ECU parameters correctly for the mods you have done. And, dump the short ram, it's not adding anything except hot air and a possible lean condition.

Update?

---

I can virtually guaranty it's not the intake causing the problem.

While you should either datalog to make sure that your vehicle is still "in the safe zone" with this intake installed in-conjunction with the other aftermarket hardware and/or seek a custom-to-vehicle map'ed tune, it's very unlikely that the intake is actualy causing the CEL, which, by the way you've described it's unique and unmistakeable presentation as a "solid CEL w/flashing cruise," is an emissions-equipment related CEL visual.

More then likely, by the way you've described things, as the other guys have cited, you're seeing the UP-EGT related CEL. If your aftermarket UP does not utilize the stock EGT sensor, you'll require "the resistor fix."

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived