LegacyGT.com

Oil pan leaking again!

dplacen

Make sure the pan and mating surface on the block is free of oil residue...good to let it drain for a day or two to get everything out of there. Then clean up everything before putting the new bead of sealant in.

I think even Rallitec puts the oilpan with the engine turned upside down on a stand to make sure no oil gets in there. :icon_wink

Thats lame. How many miles you got now and when it started leaking? Im curious because Ive never had an EJ25 leak, other than a cam seal that needing replacing. One time.

117k! You must have one of the best engines because I've fixed so many oil leaks at work on EJ25. My car also had and still has a few oil leaks. I fixed the oil pan leak on friday after work. This time I took a little more time to do it. After cleaning every thing off good. I used the sealent and put the oil pan back on. I let it sit for about 30 minutes before I added the oil and started the car. I seem ok now!:icon_bigg But while I had the car in the air I noticed I had a broken axel boot and the tires are bold on the edges.:icon_mad: This week I'll fix the axel boot and I'm going to get tires and alignment before the winter.

117k! You must have one of the best

My history:

'96 LGT (introduction of EJ25) replaced cam seal, 2 o2 sensors that were blown by using 87 octane, 1 water pump replacement after I sold it.

'99 LGT [current ride] no repairs on this engine

'01 Impreza RS [bro's former ride] no repairs either.

My history:

'96 LGT (introduction of EJ25) replaced cam seal, 2 o2 sensors that were blown by using 87 octane, 1 water pump replacement after I sold it.

'99 LGT [current ride] no repairs on this engine

'01 Impreza RS [bro's former ride] no repairs either.

You should see how many oil leaks I fix at work! I've had cars that had no leaks and others with oil leaks from every where. For example on monday I had a 99 forester with about 90k on it. It had and oil leak coming from the back of the engine it was the baffle plate. I had to remove the trans and clutch assembly.

vent plate leaks are very common unfortunately

it costs the customer hundreds of dollars to remove the tranny just to get to a 12 dollar plate that takes 2 minutes to replace:confused:

+1

Archived