LegacyGT.com

05 Legacy and Outback Side Airbag Recall

stratus01

Hey all. So my brother is the one that owns a legacy gt. I love the car!!!! And hopefully when i have some money saved up i will be getting my own. But in the meanwhile, i am an enthusiast about cars, and i keep my eyes out for cars within my family's garage. As i was going through NHTSA and checking recalls, the 05 has a recall on the side cutain airbag. The summary of the recall is as follows: Recalls Summary Make: SUBARU Model: LEGACY Year: 2005 Recall Number: 04V274000 Summary: THE LEFT AND RIGHT SIDE CURTAIN AIR BAGS IN CERTAIN VEHICLES INVOLVED IN THIS CAMPAIGN MAY NOT FULLY DEPLOY RAPIDLY ENOUGH WHEN ACTIVATED IN A SIDE IMPACT COLLISION. DURING A SIDE IMPACT TEST CONDUCTED BY THE INSURANCE INSTITUTE FOR HIGHWAY SAFETY (IIHS), THE TEST RESULTS INDICATED THAT THERE WAS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE IIHS TEST RESULTS AND THE RESULT OF SIDE IMPACT TESTS CONDUCTED BY FHI. Consequence: THIS MAY RESULT IN FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE INTENDED HEAD PROTECTION, INCREASING THE RISK OF INJURY TO A SEAT OCCUPANT. Remedy: DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE LEFT AND RIGHT SIDE CURTAIN AIR BAG MODULES. THE RECALL BEGAN ON JUNE 11, 2004. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT SUBARU AT 1-800-782-2783. . Notes: SUBARU RECALL NO. WWR02. CUSTOMERS CAN ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION’S AUTO SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236). The link for this recall is :[url]www.nhtsa.com[/url] and search by model year and make. I am not too sure if this has already been posted somewhere, but i figured after searching for the terms "recall, recalls, side airbag, and side curtain" and comming up with no results that i should atleast mention it to you all. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT ONLY 1987 UNITS WERE AFFECTED. GOOD LUCK AND I HOPE ITS NOT YOURS THAT IS AFFECTED! :o :o

[quote name='RoundBoy']it affected like a total of 184 cars.. none ever made it out to a dealership yet[/quote] Yes they did as I had one (amongst other owners here). Everyone has since had it fixed and Subaru held back in transit cars to fix the bug before they reached the dealership. The issue is dead. Lock this thread.

Hey Stratus01, thanks very much for the information and welcome to the site. Sounds like you have some insider information there which never goes astray here. Hope u enjoy the site and keep the information coming.. All the best Adam. PS Moving to Warranty Issues and Problems.

Archived