LegacyGT.com

HID question. MTEC or Apexcone

yuhocheung

i'm planning to either get MTEC 8000k or apexcone 6000k 50w hid conversion. which one should i get? which one would you get? i cant find the lumens for the apexcone. and what's the difference between 35w and 50w? and where's apexcone made in? can anyone some of these questions? or link please? i tried searching.... thanks alot

I have the Apexcone 5000k now for about two weeks or so and i love them. The 50W will be brighter than the 35W. The 35W is what i got and its pretty bright..This is the same watts as OEM HID's come with, and mine are a little bit brighter then OEM ones, I can't imagine how bright the 50W would be. Here is the thread for the Apexone, the link is there where to order as well with plenty of pics, i posted mine on here as well. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17448

I havent heard of MTEC, nor have I saw anyone on this forum mention them. The Apexcone are made in Taiwan and have lifetime warranty on all parts...even the bulbs. They consist of the same components as the Xtec's did, since they were made by the same company they just decided to produce Apexcone. Hope ths helps.

I have the Apexcone 5000k now for about two weeks or so and i love them. The 50W will be brighter than the 35W. The 35W is what i got and its pretty bright..This is the same watts as OEM HID's come with, and mine are a little bit brighter then OEM ones, I can't imagine how bright the 50W would be. Here is the thread for the Apexone, the link is there where to order as well with plenty of pics, i posted mine on here as well. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17448

I havent heard of MTEC, nor have I saw anyone on this forum mention them. The Apexcone are made in Taiwan and have lifetime warranty on all parts...even the bulbs. They consist of the same components as the Xtec's did, since they were made by the same company they just decided to produce Apexcone. Hope ths helps.

that does help alot.... i'm leaning towards apexcone... even though mtec is made in japan.... apexcone is cheaper with shipping... and mtec is from ebay... thanks

Apexcone is same components now of Xtec..RPM doesnt offer Xtec anymore...I don't know if they still make them or not, or if everything is made now by Apexcone...i woulda got the Xtec but since i read that i went with Apexcone..

Here, read this....

Recently, Apexcone, the North American distributor for Apexcone and Xtec HID kits, began private labeling the Xtec product, meaning that both kits now consist of the same hardware. This means that we are now able to offer you the same product at a lower price, and as such, we now sell only Apexcone HID Kits. Detailed information regarding this change can be read in this press release by Apexcone.

i dun think mtec is the same as apexcone... i read about the xtec article... interesting... i'm also thinking of getting the 55w hid kit...i was informed that it has 4100 lumens... pretty bright i think... does anyone have that or saw it before??

anyone heard of pilot HID? r they any good? they are pretty cheap cost...$200 bucks on ebay shipping included....

nope never heard of them. there are many HID kits out there. apexcone/xtec come with lifetime warranties and many members here, on mazda6, and other sites seem to love them. Its up to you if $70 is worth a piece of mind.

How easy is the apexcone installation, is any modification required on the headlight housing to fit the HID bulbs? also i assume the rest of the wiring is plug n play into the stock harness and do not require removed of the headlamp assemblies from the car frame.

Ed

How easy is the apexcone installation, is any modification required on the headlight housing to fit the HID bulbs? also i assume the rest of the wiring is plug n play into the stock harness and do not require removed of the headlamp assemblies from the car frame.

Ed

Installation is fairly easy with the apexcone's...No mods are required, no drilling holes, the grommet that comes with the kit is the same size as the oem grommet, and it is totally plug and play.

Installation is fairly easy with the apexcone's...No mods are required, no drilling holes, the grommet that comes with the kit is the same size as the oem grommet, and it is totally plug and play.

Now that makes me want to get them now.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

i just got my apexcone 50w kit from xenon-expert today... i dont know how to tell if i really got a 50w kit or a normal 35w kit... it doenst say anywhere that it's a 50w kit... except on my invoice... their contact address is in canada... i had to pay a $20 tax on the kit (cuz i live in canada).... but their warehouse is in CA... so i also had to pay $40 for customs.... i'm a little disappointed right now as i'm trying to get a reply from them... the kit better look good....

Archived