LegacyGT.com

Buttonwillow track event

BOXRPWR

Thanks, Mike. wish I would have thought of having you take my rig out for a session and let me enjoy the passenger seat view. I bet you could trim 15 seconds off my crap time, even sliding on those tires.

Do you guys ever sell used but still functional track tires? If so, give me a PM about it. Help out a fellow Leggy bro. :icon_bigg

Thanks, Mike. wish I would have thought of having you take my rig out for a session and let me enjoy the passenger seat view. I bet you could trim 15 seconds off my crap time, even sliding on those tires.

Do you guys ever sell used but still functional track tires? If so, give me a PM about it. Help out a fellow Leggy bro. :icon_bigg

You'd want Brian or the other Mike to drive you around not me, I would probably be 15 seconds slower than you. I am the motor guy for the team (I race rally cars when not working with GOTO or Gruppe-S).

We do have some older used tires kicking around, what rim size are you using?

Mike

somewhat embarrassed to say 2:25 min. enough time for the GOTO driver to stop and smoke a ciggy after one lap. :lol:

It was nice to see another LGT out at the track!! Sorry we couldn't bring ours out.

...and I don't smoke :) .

-Brian Lock

Any idea when you guys will take the GOTO Legacy out to Buttonwillow? It would be a blast to watch it set the pace lap time on the track.

I am sure it will be back out for testing before next years Grand Am season starts. Right now it is on the back burner, we have a couple of projects that are taking priority at the moment. One is the running the WRX with the crazy motor in some time attack events, and the big project is our 25 hour car. Just wait till you guys see that out at the track in a few weeks :icon_cool .

-Brian

me too! but the darn .MPEG vid is a tad under 440MB file size :eek:

so after it finally finishes downloading in just over 3 hours, I will try to edit it down to a managable file size that I can post on photobucket.com

patience is a virtue. :icon_bigg

Nice pics! That Pantera is pretty cool to see at a track event. I really like Buttonwillow, it's a fun course with a fair amount of run-off. Interesting to see lap times for cars there, I've only been to motorcycle track days. Only bummer part is that you get the squids from LA showing up and crashing all over the place. :icon_wink

Kev, your car has plenty of power.. just need the handling.. I believe the Locks runs on Spec Hoosiers.. so they are not your normal DOT Hoosiers that you get from Tire Rack as far as I know.

With the amount of power, you car should be able to turn in some really REALLY fast times.. Just need to spend the rest of the money for more track days.. you'll just watch your lap times drop like a rock.

Keefe

GOTO has offered me some good-condition, used Hankook Ventus DOT race tires that they used for USTCC. They are 235/40/17.

I am buying a set of good-condition, used Rota Boost 17 x 8.0 wheels on Friday to use for the track.

hyjack. I was at the track this weekend on no one is posting in my thread... :(

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44743

btw: I am also curious about tire upgrades.

Looking to retire a set of Summitomo HTZ II. I would like to make a significant upgrade to something also streetable in the summer that could serve a couple track days. Its tough to get a quantitave feel for how much better other tires are just by reading tirerack surveys.

Archived