LegacyGT.com

Looking for a car...

johnAWD

I'm looking for a first car for my 16 yr old son, and I'd like to spend $5k or less.

AWD would be a bonus, as would an automatic.

If you hear of anything, let me know?

We're between Denver and Colo Springs.

Cheers,

-john

I can't really help out as far as a car goes but I do have advice. Take you time and make sure you're getting a good car. Like chenc544 said there are always a ton of Subarus for sale in Denver but less then a quarter are actually in the kind of shape you'd want your son riding around in. I think my parents spent like 6 months looking for a car for me and finally found one in Frisco of all places so check around Subarus are everywhere in this state. The car was a great little 91 legacy wagon and I flogged the living crap out of it and kept going without missing a beat. He may not want to wait but he will, especially if you're paying for the car and in the long run it will pay off in both peace of mind and your pocket book.
The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

We bought him a '98 blazer today.

Deep tint on the rear windows, dropped a bit (snicker), interesting tires on it, some alumininum CAI as well.

The interior needs some TLC, but that'll be some male bonding time for us. That and building a stereo... :)

Archived