LegacyGT.com

subaru legacy tires

tymerrillchem

Most likely you will need to replace all 4. It depends on the wear of the other tires though. The differance in circumfrence cant be more than 1/4 of an inch I believe. If its more than that then it will mess with the center dif.

depends on how many miles you have..or basically how worn down they are as compared to new. If low miles or little wear..i would say no..but if higher miles and or high wear then yes.

If you do deicde you need to change them, you can pretty much go any brand that offers a 17" tire ranging from any of these sizes

205/40/17 (only for SUPER FAST acceleration and torque; for autocrossing only, do not use for daily driving)

205/45/17 (only for FAST acceleration and torque; for autocrossing only , do not use for daily driving)

205/50/17 (good for snow rally)

215/45/17 (stock)

225/45/17 (good autocross performance tire size for gearing, more mph per gear)

All of this is noted By Keefe in the following link, again created by Keefe. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4426 you can get pretty much any tire info you need from that link. If its not answered then ask away and someone will answer it for you.

Look around in the "Market Place" parts of these forums. You can likely find a used tire that is closed to your level of wear. I replaced a damaged tire this way and was well within the 1/4" circumference (actually 5/32 measured) difference allowed. My car had about 18,000 miles at the time and the replacement tire supposedly at 8,000 miles.

Used tires should go for about $40ea, and shipping somewhere in the $15-$30 range.

Good luck!

You can also look at NASIOC.

Archived