LegacyGT.com

dunno what you're talking about specifically but I had the zmax HID kit on my old sedan & it was good. It worked well
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

• 8 months later...

They used to a commerical where they put Zmax in a car, then drained the oil out and drove the car around for a couple of hours (with no oil) and the car ran fine. Someone (maybe consumer reports?) did the same test with 2 cars (1 with Zmax and no oil and with just no oil) and both motors seized exactly the same time.

There was actually a government investigation into Zmax's claims a few years back. I did a google search and found the following site.

http://www.carbibles.com/additives.html

An interseting little blurb.

The Federal Trade Commission filed suit in a U. S. District Court that sought to halt false and misleading advertising for zMax auto additives and which asked the court to order refunds to consumers who bought the products. The agency alleged that enhanced performance claims for the product were unsubstantiated, that tests cited to support performance claims actually demonstrated that motor oil treated with zMax produced more than twice as much bearing corrosion than motor oil alone, and that the three different products - an engine additive, a fuel line additive and a transmission additive - were all actually mineral oil tinted with food colouring..

Looks like Zmax settled it but I don't have time to read all the legaize and try to figure it out.

Personally, I wouldn't put that kind of stuff anywhere near my engine.

They used to a commerical where they put Zmax in a car, then drained the oil out and drove the car around for a couple of hours (with no oil) and the car ran fine. Someone (maybe consumer reports?) did the same test with 2 cars (1 with Zmax and no oil and with just no oil) and both motors seized exactly the same time.

There was actually a government investigation into Zmax's claims a few years back. I did a google search and found the following site.

http://www.carbibles.com/additives.html

An interseting little blurb.

Looks like Zmax settled it but I don't have time to read all the legaize and try to figure it out.

Personally, I wouldn't put that kind of stuff anywhere near my engine.

:eek::eek::eek:

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

Archived