LegacyGT.com

So, uh, I just noticed...The OB XT is available with MT!

I know this is like welcome to last year, but for some reason I had it in my head that NO Subaru wagons were available with MT.

Then I see you can the OB XT Limited with the MT... (But not with Nav, you bastards).

So, my question is what kind of expense is it to change the OB suspension to be like the Legacy? Parts and labor? (I can't possibly do it myself, I just barely learned how to change oil in a car)

Just kicking around ideas.

-Allen

So, my question is what kind of expense is it to change the OB suspension to be like the Legacy? Parts and labor? (I can't possibly do it myself, I just barely learned how to change oil in a car)

Just kicking around ideas.

-Allen

better than a Legacy..... :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/urabus/d415/ssr_b1.jpg

Not that I can speak for Subaru's product planners, but my understanding is that a lot of people actually buy Subaru's for their ability to handle inclement weather, and so the OB-XT may actually have greater demand for 5MT from those in snowy climates because manual transmissions provide better control.

Similar reason for smaller brakes--easier/cheaper to fit taller/narrower snow tires on 16" rims.

+1 Makes no sense to me tho while the XT is still available with MT but the GT wagon isn't. The GT is the sports oriented car and the XT is the off-road oriented car... a 5EAT would be a much better choice for offroading, unless a low-range MT was available.

SOA planing department geniuses hard at work...

SOA = idiots, we all know that now

OXT conversion might not be a bad idea...I've seriously considered buying a Canadian LGT MT when mine needs replacement (they have 5 sp, at least 2006), but they're much more expensive....probably cheaper to add coilovers, swaybars, new tires, and larger brakes to OXT.

Anyone has idea if removing those subframe spacers is possible? How hard?

With that and LGT dampers/springs that would make it Legacy suspesion wise.

Body cladding and bumper are horrid, but I guess one could live with that...

I like the cladding providing you get it in monotone, none of this 2 tone business...

Don't bother with the subframe spacer removal or trying to get LGT suspension bits in there... just go show some support over in this thread: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41524

MR is working on coilovers for the XT which would allow better handling at stock height and offer the ability to lower it to LGT heights.

As for running larger tires, the cladding is attached to the body panels and the wheel wells are not actually wider.

Yeah, showed some support there already for MR coilovers. Anything that helps with OB suspension is very welcome.

Still, I am curious about spacer removals. When lowered, the suspension travel is definately different compared to LGT, and I am pretty sure it does not mean much good...

Archived