LegacyGT.com

Best HID

• 3 weeks later...
anyone heard of pilot? i found it on ebay...is it good? crap?

in bold is where you will find your answer to your own question

best, is almost always dependednt on the user...

hidplanet.com/forums

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

in bold is where you will find your answer to your own question

best, is almost always dependednt on the user...

hidplanet.com/forums

i dont think i can find the answer on ebay cuz they're trying to sell the products? and i'm sorta not looking for an interpretation of what "best" means.... just some opinions on what ppl think are good brands...that's all... but thanks alot for the website though that would really help:lol:

dont ask that forum, about which i s best...they will eat you alive, literally,

the point i was trying to make is that you are asking about the kit that you found on ebay...

oh this site

you will mainly find that xtec is the favored brand, but since you looked at ebay for the solution, im guessing you are not willing to pay the coin, hell most people wouldnt when "its just for lights"

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

dont ask that forum, about which i s best...they will eat you alive, literally,

the point i was trying to make is that you are asking about the kit that you found on ebay...

oh this site

you will mainly find that xtec is the favored brand, but since you looked at ebay for the solution, im guessing you are not willing to pay the coin, hell most people wouldnt when "its just for lights"

yeah i notice this forum is all about xtec, apexcone and rpmstore... which i am interested in buying.... but r they taiwanese products? i'm also thinking of getting mccullich... i'm planning to spend either $200 (cdn) for cheap ones or like >$500 for higher end ones? i guess each forum is just like an advertising space for a specific brand?

i guess each forum is just like an advertising space for a specific brand?

thats pretty much what it comes down to...

theres not really going to be any much of a difference between the $500 one and a $250 set, IMHO, but you will be buying the piece of mind of the lifetime warrantee thing...

I ran a Gb on BanzaiExpress HID kits a few months ago and it got under $200US shipped...more the 30 people later and no complaints...

it also ties in with how you treat HID and weather may also play a role

but you will be buying the piece of mind of the lifetime warrantee thing...

this lifetime warranty "no hassle" policy... did anyone actually use the warranty before? is it really no hassle? it covers all defects? even burnt out bulb after a couple years??:icon_conf

this lifetime warranty "no hassle" policy... did anyone actually use the warranty before? is it really no hassle? it covers all defects? even burnt out bulb after a couple years??:icon_conf

thats what they say, but i havent heard of anyone that has had work needed

pilots new ballasts look like every other ballast out there, from banzai express to u name it. I'd proballly go for the pilots, or youy can try looking for gtec on google. The hids that cost around one 150 and under with the shipping do not include a relay.

pilots new ballasts look like every other ballast out there, from banzai express to u name it. I'd proballly go for the pilots, or youy can try looking for gtec on google. The hids that cost around one 150 and under with the shipping do not include a relay.

any feedbacks from pilot or gtec users?:icon_conf

thats what they say, but i havent heard of anyone that has had work needed

yeah i would really like to hear what ppl say about the warranty issues... if they ever used it.... cuz i work in retail and i know warranty issues can get really messed up sometimes...:lol:

You can try read RPM's thread in Vendor Classfieds or PM RPM.

I bought a set of Xtec halogen bulbs(not HID) and one of the bulb burned out about a week later. I PMed RPM and was told to mail the bulb(one, not the set) to Xtec. Xtec sent back a new set of bulbs about 7-10 days later(I live in Canada).

I have the bulbs on my car for 8 months and love it. The warranty service is great IMO.

I can't comment on HID, but you will find that most people are happy with their Xtec HIDs.

There are members who bought other brands from different vendors. From what I read, they are happy with those brands too. Just read the posts people replied in vendors' thread and decide which one you think is best. You can also check vendors' iTrader.

Good luck finding your best HID kits.:)

You can try read RPM's thread in Vendor Classfieds or PM RPM.

I bought a set of Xtec halogen bulbs(not HID) and one of the bulb burned out about a week later. I PMed RPM and was told to mail the bulb(one, not the set) to Xtec. Xtec sent back a new set of bulbs about 7-10 days later(I live in Canada).

I have the bulbs on my car for 8 months and love it. The warranty service is great IMO.

I can't comment on HID, but you will find that most people are happy with their Xtec HIDs.

There are members who bought other brands from different vendors. From what I read, they are happy with those brands too. Just read the posts people replied in vendors' thread and decide which one you think is best. You can also check vendors' iTrader.

Good luck finding your best HID kits.:)

burns out after a week? ..WOW..but thats halogen so its kind expected...bad ppart about that is that you only replaced one bulb...you cant really do that with HIDS, well you can but. its better if you swap both out at the same time

Archived