LegacyGT.com

California Dragway - Street Legal Drags tommorrow?

Boostjunkie

Saw this over at NASIOC http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1064102 I think I saw Mike (ghibli99) on the list over there. Anyone here interested in going? $20 to run. $10 to watch. The only thing is it is first come, first served for the cars that are going to run, and it seems that you will need to be there by 7am at the lastest to be assured a spot.

I'm back. Well, at least I can say I'm consistent. I previously ran 13.5x's at 99mph at LACR, and my first run at Fontana was 13.48 at 99.67 mph. Fontana is normally a faster track than LACR, but unfortunately for us today there was a stiff 20 mph wind blowing that was partially a headwind. That was definately hurting everyone out there. It was also about 80* out there, which is perfectly confortable, but nothing like the 30-40* temps some of the guys back East get on their end of season runs, or even the 50* temps at LACR my last time out there.

I only got to run head to head against Ian once. It was the last run of the day for each of us. It was his best of the day at 13.11 @ 114.54 mph (with a 2.322 60' :eek:) I completely biffed my launch and ran 13.86 @ 100.02 mph (with a 2.14 60' :mad:) Had I gotten my usual 1.85 60' I might have had a chance, especially since my r/t was about 0.1 better than his. Oh well, that's racing and no use crying over spilt milk.

Ian's car is definately making the power as attested to by the 114.5 mph trap speed, but it was a bit tricky to launch and Ian is a complete n00b at the drag strip, so that conspired to kill the ET. I guess we can chaulk up another GT35R, 400+ whp LGT that only runs 13's! :lol: I know Ian will get better at launching his car since he showed consistent improvement in his 60' times from his first run to his last.

On a side note, Dan Harman's (the Harman in Harman Motive) EVO MR ran one of the best times of the day with a 11.11 @ 126 mph. That is moving, and nice for an engine combo that was only tuned yesterday and had less than 700 miles on it.

Archived