LegacyGT.com

Legacy Conditions in Snowy Areas

I notice that lots of Legacy's are for sale in various parts of the country-- except for Cali. One concern we Cali folks have is the salt and snow and ice getting onto the underbody, chassis, body panels and joints, etc. that would potentially cause corrosion-- also, any wear and tear that one would usually expect in cold-weather driving that we and our cars in always-sunny Cali never have to experience.

Am I being too anal? When I was shopping for my last car, BMW, we *always* avoided shopping in snowy regions because of possible corrosion (I guess they do tend to have rust? *shrug*)

You have the right to inspect the car before you purchase it. Throw it on a lift and see if there is, in fact, rust. It is as simple as that. No reason to disparage a whole region of cars.

I always washed the undercarriage of my cars yearly and washed/waxed the body every 6 months. Zero rust :)

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

You have the right to inspect the car before you purchase it. Throw it on a lift and see if there is, in fact, rust. It is as simple as that. No reason to disparage a whole region of cars.

I always washed the undercarriage of my cars yearly and washed/waxed the body every 6 months. Zero rust :)

You can"t see shit on the Legacy mostly due to the plastic undertrays.

I did remove all plastic, outer fender lining, undercarriage trays etc last year and gave it a good rubber coating...

I always washed the undercarriage of my cars yearly

Well damn, I must be REALLY anal... I wash the underbody of my Elise every time I wash the car (about once a week), I imagine I'll do the same with the Legacy.

As others have said just check out the car before you drive off with it, you should be fine.

You can"t see shit on the Legacy mostly due to the plastic undertrays.

It could be worse ;)

http://www.fleur-design.net/lotus/images/lotus_elise_jacked_up.jpg

http://www.fleur-design.net/lotus/images/under_lotus_elise.jpg

Archived