LegacyGT.com

New '06 LGT LTD vs. used '05 LGT MT?

Hey folks! I've been reading like made the last couple of days trying to play catch up. I'm a newbie and I'm about to pull the trigger on a new '06 LGT ltd wagon, but I keep reading about the '05 MTs that seem to be loved so universally.

I looked around and there seem to be none available at the moment on the West Coast. Is the manual transmission a "purist" thing, or would you (if you were me) be patient and hold out for one.

its a question only you can answer, my friend. if you like to row your own gears, wait for an 05 MT to come out for sale. if its not important, just buy an 06 or 07 auto. i personally would buy an 07 diamond grey. they look fantastic and i think the price has dropped on the 07s. there are lots of people interested in the MT wagons (like me:) ) so they are hard to find.

Lots of little improvments (tempered by Subaru taking away important things)

SI Drive, auxillary audio input are the two that immediately pop into my head.

Took away option for MT, no spec.B wagon are the huge negatives in my mind that still keep me in my old 1997 Impreza "L" wagon, with 30k in the bank waiting for Subaru to decide to make the car I actually want to buy (of course I keep saving money, so if they don't get off their assess soon, I'll have 40k in the bank and will buy a Volvo V50 or Audi A3 or A4 instead.

-Allen

its a question only you can answer, my friend. if you like to row your own gears, wait for an 05 MT to come out for sale. if its not important, just buy an 06 or 07 auto. i personally would buy an 07 diamond grey. they look fantastic and i think the price has dropped on the 07s. there are lots of people interested in the MT wagons (like me:) ) so they are hard to find.

lhsa, I checked invoice pricing on the '07's and the incentive is only $750. I don't think I can get one under $28k do you? Will the dealers sell below invoice, before the incentive is factored in?

It sounds like the references to the 2007 Legacy GT LTD include the auto transmission only. They are still producing the LGT LTD with the 5 SPD, as referenced below from one dealer's present stock.

2007Legacy Sedan 2.5GT LTD MT5 Brilliant Silver Metallic $28,920.00$27,373.00http://www.ira.sne1.com/mimages/photos/7AHSIL.jpg

For the sedan, you are correct. He wants a wagon though. No more 5MT wagons.

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

The other big change is that the '07 have folding rear seats.

Oh yea, I forget, Sedan stuff =D

The wagons already had folding rear seats.

You know, the OLD Legacy Sedans had folding rear seats, too. They took it away then gave it back again.

-Allen

Archived