LegacyGT.com

Legacy STI S401 site

[url]http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/s401/main/index.html[/url] If this site was already posted, my apologies. This is basically what we're slowly moving towards with our mods. Update: Okay, i just saw a link to it from a post back in March. My bad... but good site to get some ideas from none the less.

That is what I am talking about. I had seen breif/small pics of that car before, but that is just a cool site. I think that bodystyle of legacy is less dramatic than the new one, and with what WR-blue and STi Equipment did for that car, the new B4 (and wagon, hopefully) would be that much better. I do like the alternate bumper that S401 has. It looks like the S401 has the WRX STi drivetrain (shift knob says 6 gears) and the TMIC scoop on the hood. Probably from the previous JDM-only WRX STi. All the little trick bits (red and white gauges with STi logo, Floor mat logo plates, see the interior portion of the linked site) look great. I'll bet that double Din McIntosh stereo sounds GREAT! I'd substitute the black alcantara for blue, and in the new body style, put an STi badge on it, and a twin turbo H6 under the hood, and get it out the factory door, and the key in my hand. BTW, a question for the Subaru officionados, what is the significance of the S401 name? I am under the impression that the S401 was not quite a full-fledged STi, but rather a car that was tuned in-house after manufacture. More info would be great!

It is a previous body style car, probably from at least a model year '03, or earlier. The current bodystyle came out in Japan as an '04. the S401 specifically was only JDM, anyway, so none in the US. I think if they use that as a template, with a couple of changes/updates, and a twin turbo H6 from their recent concept car (I forget the name, it was in the last issue of the subaru magazine), i think they'll nail it with a current version Legacy STi. that is about the extent of my knowledge on the S401. I am hoping someone else on this forum will contribute some more detailed and historical information about this car.

Archived