LegacyGT.com

Should Subaru be worried...

[quote name='Driver72']Yeah, I guessed (above) a starting price of $31K for it. Fully decked out you are probably right...it will run $34-35K. Then we can post threads like...."$34K for a Mazda with a retrofitted AWD system to there FWD based car...what?" Yeah, I'd get a G35x first (well if they ever make the manual for it) Or a $32-34K Legacy STI...[/quote] Actually, Mazda has been producing AWD for awhile...just overseas. Not available in N.A.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

[quote name='Driver72']Yeah, I guessed (above) a starting price of $31K for it. Fully decked out you are probably right...it will run $34-35K. Then we can post threads like...."$34K for a Mazda with a retrofitted AWD system to there FWD based car...what?" Yeah, I'd get a G35x first (well if they ever make the manual for it) Or a $32-34K Legacy STI...[/quote] i don't always understand the fascination with the G35x. it's a heavy pig. :D according to rumors, the leg GT is already making about the same torque as the recently uprated VQ G35 motor, too. but again, this is silly. it's in an entirely different class of car. the only infiniti that i like is the G35 coupe.

[quote name='BoxerGT2.5'] Actually, Mazda has been producing AWD for awhile...just overseas. Not available in N.A.[/quote] I was turning right at a stop sign yesterday when a car pulled up to turn left... a bone stock 323 GTX turbo. What are those from, about 89 or so? It's AWD and turbo... a great little winter car until the WRX's came out, and now LGTs. :)

I don't think that will happen, at least no time soon. The TL has taken all the RL's sales in the since the previous model was released. The TL, like the Mazda 6 was recently completely redesigned and it's chassis was designed as FWD. I doubt they could just adapt an AWD system to the car without some major changes. I think Acura will want to keep a bit more separation between the RL and the TL. As it stands, the new RL with 300 hp will be nice, but I was disappointed with it's low 260 lbs-ft of torque. Nissan's 3.5 liter has been putting out 260 ft lbs of torque for a couple years already, and done so when tuned with only 260 hp. I'd expect the new G35 coupe with 295 hp to be putting out 280-285 ft lbs torque. I think Acura's RL might suffer a bit considering it's going to feel a bit sluggish off the line without more torque in that larger, heavier, AWD car. It should of really had 280+ ft lbs torque too!

maybe... If I knew then what I know now about what I had to go though, I would've waited it out for the AWD Mazda 6 or the new '05 Mustang GT. But, I didn't. Not that the Legacy is bad or anything, I wouldn't really know, I haven't had much seat time with it yet. Maybe my feelings will change now that I finally will be getting the plates for it. It might take a while though being how turned off I am. - Mike

Archived