LegacyGT.com

Lip spoiler?

Driver72

Anybody know if there is a place to purchase the little "lip spoiler" for the Legacy GT that they sell in Japan. I don't like the USDM spoiler and ordered my car without it, but I saw a picture somewhere of the lip spoiler on the JDM car and liked that. Any links would be helpful? Anybody know the cost? Thanks

Hate to say this but someone needs to find a company that will build a replica of the STi lip spoiler. I love the look of it, but you would have to be certifiable to spend $700 on the genuine article. I can think of one company in Hong Kong that made some parts for the Mazda6 community (grill, eyelids) that fit well and were less than half the price of the originals. Who knows, maybe they'd be interested in parts for the LGT too. I should email them.

[quote name='Boostjunkie']Hate to say this but someone needs to find a company that will build a replica of the STi lip spoiler. I love the look of it, but you would have to be certifiable to spend $700 on the genuine article. I can think of one company in Hong Kong that made some parts for the Mazda6 community (grill, eyelids) that fit well and were less than half the price of the originals. Who knows, maybe they'd be interested in parts for the LGT too. I should email them.[/quote] any more info about that shop? i might be going to hong kong during the christmas holiday....

[quote name='crapy'][quote name='Boostjunkie']Hate to say this but someone needs to find a company that will build a replica of the STi lip spoiler. I love the look of it, but you would have to be certifiable to spend $700 on the genuine article. I can think of one company in Hong Kong that made some parts for the Mazda6 community (grill, eyelids) that fit well and were less than half the price of the originals. Who knows, maybe they'd be interested in parts for the LGT too. I should email them.[/quote] any more info about that shop? i might be going to hong kong during the christmas holiday....[/quote] [url]http://www.silviaparts.com/index.html[/url] They made a replica of the Autoexe grill for the Mazda6. Cost shipped is $110 USD. They also sell a package of the eyelids and the grill for $160. Really a pretty good deal. Considering that the STi is not exactly a complicated part, I can't see a problem with them duplicating it.

I've seen the "cheap" copies in person. The fit and finish was excellent. I certainly don't disparage those that chose to spend double or more for the original product, but if the copy is as good, why would you? I don't want "cheap" quality, but I'll certainly take good quality at a "cheap" price. BTW, I sent an email to silviaparts about making replicas of the Euro Sports Grill and the STi lip spoiler. We'll see what they say.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm bumping this one back up, because the company I emailed about making a clone of the lip spoilers actually emailed me back today... better late than never I guess. Here's what they had to say: Thank you for your email. I am currently looking at producing parts for the Legacy and remember that you emailed me several months ago about it. We are currently looking to produce the Ings+1 eyelids and the STi. I have already found a source for the eyelids, but have not been able to source a grill yet. Please le me know if you can help. Thank you. Francisco [url]www.silviaparts.com[/url] No mention of the lip spoilers, but a grill would be cool as well as the eyelids. I'll email them again about the lfront and rear lip spoilers, and if anyone has either one and/or a grill that you would like to see duplicated let me know, or email Silviaparts directly.

Archived