LegacyGT.com

Painting the steering wheel badge?

ogradnis

I'm about to paint the front and rear exterior badges red on my black '05, and I have started considering matching the badge on the steering wheel to those but I don't want to it look ricey. Any thoughts?

If anyone has done it let me know if it comes off with a little heat and floss just like the front emblem

Guest *Jedimaster*
I have an "XT" overlay from Gafxweks on the steering wheel of my XT Outback and it looks great.

Is that a one off? I don't see it on their site and I want one!

Not a bad idea if the painting isn't as easy as everyone makes it out to be. Have you used any of the overlays? If so, how do they look?

check out post #40 on this page of another thread. i posted some pics of what mine looked like. i also did the rear emblem. looks pretty sweet when it shimmers in the sunlight.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31993&page=3

if you just want a pic, here's one.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18431&d=1147657161

It's not about speed, it's about acceleration!

edit: the exterior "subaru" badges are $25-$30 each.

you should always check prices before you paint or alter anything.

i know from experience.

Actually the front bade retails for $36.42 and the rear for the sedan retails for $42.70:icon_mrgr

I know I have bought way too many lately

I just got my Grafxwerks GT emblem in the mail today and obviously had to put it on right away. My digital camera wasn't charged so I took a pic with my cell but then that died. I'll post up a couple other better pics soon but I was so impressed I had to share. This is by far the least expensive mod I'll ever do but it looks awesome. How many hp does this emblem add? None unless it's on the outside?

1861871169_GTEmblem.jpg.9e475cdc4b2457782c0ae8d049c3f8fb.jpg

Archived