LegacyGT.com

Can I add a map pocket to my seat back?

My 2006 Legacy has black cloth seats and no map pockets. I know some of the higher trim levels have a map pocket and I would like to add one. Is this as easy as changing the plastic piece on the back of the seat (and is that, in fact, easy)?

If this is not a good way to go, can anybody recommend something else, for instance something that attaches to the seat and doesn't interfere with the side air bag?

I love the car but it's pretty annoying not to have any map pockets. Seems like a stupid way to save a few bucks.

Guest *Jedimaster*
My 2006 Legacy has black cloth seats and no map pockets. I know some of the higher trim levels have a map pocket and I would like to add one. Is this as easy as changing the plastic piece on the back of the seat (and is that, in fact, easy)?

If this is not a good way to go, can anybody recommend something else, for instance something that attaches to the seat and doesn't interfere with the side air bag?

I love the car but it's pretty annoying not to have any map pockets. Seems like a stupid way to save a few bucks.

I hear you- Mine has one on the passengers side, but not the driver's side- why I have no idea. Someone on here put one on- I think you just replace the plastic piece.

Yes...it's as easy as changing the plastic seat back. :)

Ask your local dealer to order a LGT seat back for you.

yes, you can change the seat back.. just order a passenger back plate with the map pocket and just replace the stock flat plastic ones. It's easy to take it off, the top has 3 or 4 pop clips and you slide the plate up and away from the back of the seat.
Keefe

Great, I will look into replacing the seat back. Any idea of cost?

I have tried putting the atlas between the passenger seat and console, it doesn't work very well with my car/atlas. This worked well in my VW Passat but not here.

Archived