LegacyGT.com

XM Roady2 added!

SPR3472

I finally got XM installed in my 05 Leg GT. I got the Delphi Roady2 w/built-in FM Modulator (since we dont have direct line-in jacks). It is up and running and I am satisfied with the sound quality for now. I will be upgrading the door speakers to Infinity Kappa 6.5's in all four doors and will also be adding a 4ch amp to power them very soon. I will post pics of the Roady2 later on today. CHEERS! :D

I think it's an FM transmitter, not a modulator -- a modulator would have to be wired inline with the car's antenna cable. Delphi makes a nice FM modulator to work with their SkyFi units. It should give clearer and stronger sound than the wireless transmitter. So if you have any qualms about the sound quality, that would be a good upgrade. They cost about $50. Craig

• 4 months later...
c-hunter -- were you able make a direct connection between the fm modulator and fm antenna (in other words not using the wireless fm connection that most people use)? If so -- what did you use? I was thinking about getting the skyfi or skyfi2 and then using something like this [url]http://www.jjielectronics.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=192[/url] to power the xm unit and tap into the fm antenna -- all I would need to add is the satellite antenna and I would have a nice clear <almost direct> connection. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Here are 2 pics of the XM MyFi installed in my LGT. I cleaned up the wires since then but you get the hint. [url="http://www.dsmgarage.com/LGT_XM.jpg"]http://www.dsmgarage.com/LGT_XM.jpg[/url] [url="http://www.dsmgarage.com/LGT_XM2.jpg"]http://www.dsmgarage.com/LGT_XM2.jpg[/url] I am using the built in FM Modulator for now, but I have the Delphi hardwire FM adapter. I just need an antenna adapater cable. :(

hooked4life, do you find that people hit the your myfi with their legs where you have it mounted? Thought about that mount, but thought I'd go with the vent adaptor for my skyfi to bring it up higher.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

C-Lo: No it is out of the way where the MyFi is mounted. The only downside is that the passenger has to reach around the MyFi to adjust the climate control. Other then that the mount works great and it can roatated at any angle. It almost the only real mont out there for the LGT. I like the bracket mounts better but there are none.

Thanks, no I have to figure out if I'm doing the vent clip or the same thing you got. just routed the antenna wire from back to the front along the headliner. Pretty easy to do. took about 10 minutes
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

[quote name='SPR3472']One more with the lights on...[/QUOTE] Will the Roady2 fit in the empty cuby on the dash? From the photo its looks like it might. If so, why didn't you mount it there? Can you also post some photos of your antenna mount? I'm considering getting XM, but still not sure.

I pulled the cubby apart a few days ago and measured -- I think if you took out the rubber pad and cut a rectangle in the base of the cubby the roady 2 would just fit -- and the cubby would still close. (the roady would be resting on the metallic strip on top of the trip computer which might be a heat issue - I don't know). I'm thinking of doing this for a clean looking install, but I might go with the skyfi or myfi -- still undecided.

[quote name='bpc8bpc8']I pulled the cubby apart a few days ago and measured -- I think if you took out the rubber pad and cut a rectangle in the base of the cubby the roady 2 would just fit -- and the cubby would still close. (the roady would be resting on the metallic strip on top of the trip computer which might be a heat issue - I don't know). I'm thinking of doing this for a clean looking install, but I might go with the skyfi or myfi -- still undecided.[/QUOTE] Isn't the skifi and myfi larger than the roady2? Also can you post directions on how to pull apart the cubby.

[quote name='bpc8bpc8']I pulled the cubby apart a few days ago and measured -- I think if you took out the rubber pad and cut a rectangle in the base of the cubby the roady 2 would just fit -- and the cubby would still close. (the roady would be resting on the metallic strip on top of the trip computer which might be a heat issue - I don't know). I'm thinking of doing this for a clean looking install, but I might go with the skyfi or myfi -- still undecided.[/QUOTE] The skyfi is definitely bigger than the roady. without it's docking unit it would fit, but with it it looks stupid. better to mount it elswhere.

Archived