LegacyGT.com

Spare Tire

Opie

[quote name='agctr']It sure does here in the land downunder Opie with matching rim. Adam.[/quote] Hmmm, you don't say....would you mind taking a pic of the hardware that holds it in and if there is a storage tray above it that too. I've got a full size spare for mine but wasn't sure how to secure it properly. P/N's would be great too if possible.

[quote name='agctr']WHAT??????????????? They haven't secured the RIM, how can that pass the safety regulations, that doesnt sound right at all, sounds like yr dealer or the factory hasn't put the bracing in. Get that checked out ASAP. Let us know. Adam.[/quote] The U.S. implemented safty regulations??? I didn't get the memo..:) j/k
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

LOL, Yes my donut spare is secured very well, but the hardware for it doesn't work with the full size spare I have. I'm the type of guy that likes factory stuff so I was hoping you could source me some Austrailian part numbers....and maybe a dealer in Austrailia that would ship what I need to the U.S. :D

[quote name='BoxerGT2.5']Hell...I pulled my spare tire out of the car. lol I know the concept sounds good, but why the added weight?[/quote] Because my car is a daily driver, not a competition racer...

I doubt that the donut spare is much lighter than a aluminum wheeled full size. If this hardware or mod becomes available for a reasonable amount of money, I'd definately be interested. But will need a wheel and tire too. I really haven't looked at the hardware, but why won't it hold it down? Stud not long enough or something?

[quote name='Opie'][quote name='BoxerGT2.5']Hell...I pulled my spare tire out of the car. lol I know the concept sounds good, but why the added weight?[/quote] Because my car is a daily driver, not a competition racer...[/quote] My car is a daily driver.....only reason I did is because I have 18in wheels now. :)
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Archived