LegacyGT.com

D-Stock AutoX Wheels for my Spec B

Gawdly

I need to find some cheap lightweight wheels to slap some Hoosiers on for AutoX.

I have an 06 Spec B and am going to run D-Stock in AutoX so the wheels need to be 18x7 with no more than +/- 6 varience from stock offset. Someone correct me if I've got the acceptable offset varience for D-Stock wrong.

Most everything made in 18" appears to be 7.5" wide. Anyone know of some good wheels in 18x7?

Can the Spec B even run in D-stock since only 500 were made in 2006?

I would love to know the answer to that... eveyone I've asked so far has said "I think so but I'm not sure". :icon_roll

I haven't found the line in the book that would state "no" yet but I remember seeing something about limited addition models somewhere.

Found it...

First paragraph under stock class in the handbook states:

"Car models not specifically listed in any Stock Category class must have been produced, and must meet the above requirements and been sold through normal US dealerships, in quantities of at least 1,000 in a 12-month period in order to be eligible..."

So the question now becomes, is the spec B a model or a trim level? I would argue that it is a trim model of the 2.5 GT... they don't make a distinction between the base and the limited, why the spec? :)

Can the Spec B even run in D-stock since only 500 were made in 2006?

it's still a Legacy GT.. so that's ok.. it's just like the M3 Lightweight (at least so I see it). Then again, it's not like you can buy a GT and say "btw, I want the Spec B package on that normal GT.." so you might be caught in that issue.. when in doubt, just keep runinng the car until someone protest you.. that's what happend to me when I first started with the GT in H-Stock... now it's reviewed as D-stock and ESP.

You just have to conform to the rules that you have to have the same parts on the car as it came for that factory trim.

It's the same if you had the old mini and you want the JCW package, you have to get ALL the JCW parts to make your car a JCW Mini..

so for us normal GT owners, we have to get all the parts that makes a Spec B a SPEC B... which includes the navi (since it's standard), the shocks, springs, and anything that it makes it a Spec B.

Keefe

"Car models not specifically listed in any Stock Category class must have been produced, and must meet the above requirements and been sold through normal US dealerships, in quantities of at least 1,000 in a 12-month period in order to be eligible..."

So the question now becomes, is the spec B a model or a trim level? I would argue that it is a trim model of the 2.5 GT... they don't make a distinction between the base and the limited, why the spec? :)

i don't see how the spec b could be considered a trim model since it has so many different suspension parts. if it's not listed as a model they'll have to add it. maybe they'll let you 'downgrade' to a 17x7 since there aren't really any 18x7 rims out there? something like the kosei K1 TS would save you a ton of unsprung weight compared to the stock rims.

I wouldnt worry about it, just run the car in Dstock until someone protests about it. The problem no matter how you see it is really the width of the rim which is 7" wide for both the Spec B and GT. You're basically screwed anyways when the BMW 330Ci is the car to beat and they run way wider than us.

No one isnt going to care until they get beaten and protest. Most likely the Spec B will fall under some kind of Catch-all or "NOC" (Not Otherwise Classified) car so it might very well end up falling in line of a normal GT. The only gripe you will get will be from your fellow D-stock WRX and Legacy Competitors..

Just keep racing until someone say something about your car.

Keefe

Thanks guys... I don't want to put DOT slicks on my spec b wheels so I'll just run it as is in D Stock until someone protests or the mod bug bites and then I'll go STU so the STIs and Evos can laugh at me. :)

why laugh? Make them work for it. I did.

Keefe

Archived