LegacyGT.com

car is almost paid off!!

What to get?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What to get?

• Cusco sways
    • revised Cobb sways
    • something totally different (write in comments)

Ok fellas, I am quickly coming up on the time when I will finish paying off my LGT. Naturally, I am very, very excited about this, and I've decided that as a reward, I should get myself a little present.

Ideally I would want my first real mod to be some new wheels and tires (that are much lighter than stock and grippier than the re92s), but I think that's a little too pricey. SO .. I was thinking the thing to do would be buy some swaybars. I know we have countless threads on various brands, but I wanted to ask if you think I should wait for the revised COBB bars or get the CUSCOs. Or maybe something else?

If you think I should get something totally different (i.e. not swaybars), please tell me. I've had this car since February, and I've been reading up, but I still consider myself a newb. THANKS!

I have the Cusco sways and am very happy with the bit of stability they give you over stock. If you have no other mods on the car at this time you might consider an AVO (or similar) drop-in panel filter for starters. Pretty cheap and you can hear the BPV a bit more.:) But for quick cheap suspension mod, Cusco is a good place to start, you might pick up some MSI endlinks while you're at it.
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

More power I don't need, at least not yet. Before I want more power I want better control.

wuss!

:lol: just kidding.

swaybars are a good mod and relatively cheap. if you are going to eventually lower the car i would go with cusco.

and by the way, dont expect a whole world of difference. the roll will be decreased greatly but not as much as it will in conjunction with springs/coilovers

New tires. Kinda boring to some but they do build that elusive driver confidence factor and isn't that what perfomance sports sedan driving is all about? However, if you consider tires just part of proper PM then I'd go for sway bars.

Oh, I most DEFINITELY want new wheels and tires, but I just can't rationalize something that expensive for this little present.

just get the sways. you already said you dont want to spend money on wheels and tires.

what vimy was saying was just tires, but if wheels and tires are gonna be something you will be getting soon, then hold off on them.(even though the re92s suck)

tires will definitely be a good improvement after, though, so that you can maximize gains from the other suspension mods

Oh, I most DEFINITELY want new wheels and tires, but I just can't rationalize something that expensive for this little present.

Perhaps make the move to all synthetic fluids? It will help protect your investment, give some performance gains and again add to the "driver confidence factor". I know my suggestions are of a practical nature but that's just the kind of guy I am. My wife wasn't too thrilled at all when I bought her a set of new tires for her birthday one year. I thought they were a great present. Chicks.....

Perhaps make the move to all synthetic fluids? It will help protect your investment, give some performance gains and again add to the "driver confidence factor". I know my suggestions are of a practical nature but that's just the kind of guy I am. My wife wasn't too thrilled at all when I bought her a set of new tires for her birthday one year. I thought they were a great present. Chicks.....

Practical is good. We like practical!

Haha, lucky for me, I'm pretty certain that if I bought my old lady tires, she'd be pretty happy about it. She has an 05 wrx and likes the idea of making it better. Actually, driving it around contributed greatly to my purchase of the LGT, and she knows it.

For her birthday I might get her the strut tower bar she's been wanting.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived