LegacyGT.com

Any regrets about putting on a "clear bra?"

Driver72

I ordered mine from Rockblocker a few days ago, it should arrive Monday and will have it put on Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. Anybody wish they didn't put the clear bra on their car now? The guy that's doing it for me has been putting doing window tint for the local Audi and MB dealership for quite some time and has also put on lots of graphics and decals on cars over a 21 year period (so he tells me). But he has never put on a clear bra. He said he's seen them and really it's no different then putting on decals or even window tint. It's just thicker and you don't even need to cut it. Am I crazy for giving this guy his first opportunity at this? Is it hard to F up these things? Seems to me with 21 years experience doing window tint, decals, and graphics it should be a piece of cake for him. But I am a bit nervous. Thoughts? Regrets? Happy?

Driver72, did RockBlocker suggest any installers in the LA area? I'm sure there are some reputable people out there who've actually done the install. It'd probably be better than someone trying it for the first time, for your own sake. I'm sorry I can't help you out on the actual point of this thread. I would bet though that the only people that regret the clear bra are the ones that purchased the old ones that yellow or fade. If what they say is correct, however, rest assured it shouldn't happen anymore. (I'm sure you already knew that though). Nonetheless, I wish you luck with the install.
-ben

Hi, Maybe you can try this place, if you'd like. [url]http://www.turboperformance.net/bsp/[/url] A friend of mine told me that the owner of the place knows a guy who does clearbra, and he does it for its customers. He's seen the cars there that got clearbras done by this guys, and he told me they all looked pretty good. I'm thinking about getting it done for my GT there, but of course I'd have to see the job first in person myself before I'd let him do it :wink:

I wish I had my clear bra installed right after I bought my car. Now I have to wait to fix all the paint chips before I can install the kit. Which involves waiting for the paint to completely cure for 30 days!!! And I know another chip will happen if I drive on the highway in those 30 days.

Clear bra is the best car thing since sliced bread. CO uses gravel to deal with snow and ice, so you can imagine the devasting effect on the bumper, hood, and windshield as well. On my silver car, is is practically invisible. I have seen poor jobs done, however, that leave the car yellow looking and you see the stuff peeling at the edges.

Thanks guys for the responses. Yeah, I've heard of the older ones that yellow and peel. Rockblocker offers a lifetime warranty against this...so no worries there. As for an installer...well they have to be willing to come to my house. I trust leaving me car with unknowns as much as I trust valet parkers! I figure, as long as the Rockblocker offers a lifetime warranty that'll take care of the bra, and if this guy with 21 years experience doing window tint, graphics, and decals gives me a warranty on his work, I'll have no problems. Plus I can sit in my garage watching him while he's doing it. Turn on the digitial music, throw down a Dr. Pepper and chill. And yes, I am VERY happy to be doing this first thing. It's killing me, but I'm basically NOT driving the car until this gets down. I want the front surface as clean and smooth as possible, with not a chance of a single chip. I've driven my car home on Wednesday, and other than giving my better half a quick drive, it's sitting in my nice and clean garage, detailed by the dealer and waiting for the window tint and clear bra...then the driving fun will begin!

[quote name='"UrQ"']Clear bra is the best car thing since sliced bread. CO uses gravel to deal with snow and ice, so you can imagine the devasting effect on the bumper, hood, and windshield as well. On my silver car, is is practically invisible. I have seen poor jobs done, however, that leave the car yellow looking and you see the stuff peeling at the edges.[/quote] Where is Colorado did you have it done? I had a friend take his Pathfinder in for tinting and a clear bra. He was very happy with the job and was referred by a co-worker - also happy. He used the following place: Jazz It Up - Agye's Window Tinting 2200 S. Havana 303.960.5843 I spoke with Agye and he seems pretty knowledgable. He prefers to hand cut the bra for a better fit.

Archived