LegacyGT.com

datalogging: anyone want to look over my logs?

2005garnetGT

Holylongestlogever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cut your logs down to WOT runs only (preferrably in 3rd) and log KC (knock correction as well).

From my limited knowledge I would say all is looking good.

Stage 1 right? Unless none of your 100% throttle opening parts are in 3rd or higher.

Holylongestlogever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cut your logs down to WOT runs only (preferrably in 3rd) and log KC (knock correction as well).

From my limited knowledge I would say all is looking good.

Stage 1 right? Unless none of your 100% throttle opening parts are in 3rd or higher.

I 99% disagree (you should log KC) :)

You should log all of the conditions you drive in IMO.

ok first suggestion in to just rin a 3rd gear WOT pull, then when you get it to spreadsheet format, highlight the thing with your mouse, go to file and then page setup, and fit selected to one page, then convert...would be a lot shitload easier to read

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

You should log all of the conditions you drive in IMO.

+1

My WOT is beautiful....

But my part-throttle (i.e. daily driving) currently suffers from persistent -KC due to either too-aggressive timing in that sector or potentially some fine ST/LT fuel trim issues.

You wouldn't know it unless you logged.

So, like brother rclark and Boostjunkie and many others here recommend, log all conditions that you drive.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Brother TSi+WRX what tune are you running? From my limited knowledge of tuning (just getting started :devil: ) you don’t want to adjust timing that much because the ECU already compensates for it. My guess is you can make other adjustments to cure this issue, or never use partial throttle :lol:

^ ECUTek, by DynoFlash.

I'm currently trying my best not to use partial throttle. :lol:;) Actually, by watching my digital-dash display, I've isolated where I'm pulling -KC, and I've actually been able to, with some success, alter my driving habits to keep out of that area.

I'm lined-up for a tune date with PDXT ( I'm ditching DynoFlash as Al hasn't been cooperative in terms of troubleshooting :( which I gather from multiple trusted sources that it's his MO :(:mad: ), which should solve the issue definitively.

Currently, Ben of ECUTek NA (who has been immensely helpful), in addition to helping guide me through some basic mechanical troubleshooting, is speculating that this could be a LT ignition timing learning issue. Another tuner has speculated that it may be timing/fine-ignition learning related (as this area was, if I remembered correctly, tinkered-with during my initial tuning session due to a "dip" in the dyno-graph, although it's also speculated that Al does not modify any partial-throttle mapping).

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

:) Thankyee, brother. :) The tune date is still being ironed-out right now, not sure if it'll be later this month or in October. In the mean time, I'm giving my right foot a good work-out! :lol:

^ No crap! I'm now madly trying to work out with the PDXT guys as to when the tune date will be (as my cash outlay will be heavy, since I am going with the EasyECU), so I can see if my budget can sustain a few mods.

:)

Archived