LegacyGT.com

Bye Bye Daddy Daycare

FJuan

I am so not ready for this shit.

It's not hard. Especially new born. Just remember, if you are getting frustrated and can't get the baby to calm down it is ok to put the kid down even if they are still crying and calm yourself. Then go back to it.

It's not hard. Especially new born. Just remember, if you are getting frustrated and can't get the baby to calm down it is ok to put the kid down even if they are still crying and calm yourself. Then go back to it.

IMO great advice.

I have never been a stay at home dad. But I have spent entire weekends and days without her. Not saying it's always easy but "I don't want to clean" isn't a valid reason imo. Just like saying I don't want to work is a valid reason for not working. I'm not saying I refuse to help, but if you are a stay at home parent I don't think it is unreasonable to handle a majority of the domestic chores.

Wasn't trying to play marriage counselor. Just was curious. My wife's mom has three little kids (10, 6, and 2) and still keeps her house clean. The two year old is the loudest most demanding kid I have ever seen too. If she had three like that, might not be able to clean the house.

NO! DO NOT EMBRACE THE SHIT. IT GETS EVERYWHERE:eek:

Within the first day or so, my son decided to poop while on the changing table. It was like a fountain of shit coming out of him. I had to use my hand to block the fountain to keep it on the changing table and not spread all over the ******* place. Saving grace, after the green tar poop goes away, the yellow breast milk poop isn't that gross. Dog poop (which I have also been covered in) is much much grosser. Little boys pee all the time though, so be prepared for that.

Haha, this is one hell of a bump, after 10 years.

I've been employed with the government for the last 6 yrs and now I'm starting to interview with outside banks. Government has been good, but it's time to move on and up.

My wife's balls are delicious.

:lol: Wait till they hit puberty :cool: then the $hit really flies. :spin: Good Luck to you all.

I have my daughter who is almost 2. She is a handful on her own. My other half has a 13 year old daughter (I'm working towards adopting her) who is pre hormonal and a ticking time bomb. Plus mom is 7 months pregnant, and bipolar. Hormones are no joke. I envy everybody who has invested in good craft breweries on the West Coast, I might be keeping them all in business.

John Hancock

I figured your first thread demanded the respect. :lol:

Geez thanks.

There are some days I wish I could do the daddy daycare again, I rather change poopie diapers than deal with the retards I work with.

i stayed home with kids for the first 4 years, was a great time. i also went to night/ online school when the wife wasnt at work and got a degree. the time spent with the kids was worth any hardships i had to deal with.

also, daycare costs for 3 kids when you dont qualify for any assistance is no joke, my house and truck payments together were less than they wanted for daycare, and that was 19 years ago

i stayed home with kids for the first 4 years, was a great time. i also went to night/ online school when the wife wasnt at work and got a degree. the time spent with the kids was worth any hardships i had to deal with.

also, daycare costs for 3 kids when you dont qualify for any assistance is no joke, my house and truck payments together were less than they wanted for daycare, and that was 19 years ago

That's the truth, daycare now days is expensive. At the time I was working in real estate when the house market fell, my wife at the time was a nurse making good money. It was a no brainer for me to stay home while she makes the dough.

both sets of grandparents are on the way to my wife's work, they've already offered to babysit. that plus me being able to work from home and we should be OK.
I could suck start a snow blower.

both sets of grandparents are on the way to my wife's work, they've already offered to babysit. that plus me being able to work from home and we should be OK.

That's a major plus if you have family members willing to help out, the first several years are tough until they enter Kindergartener.

My wife's mother used to be a great baby sitter when we had out first child. Until we found out she had relapsed after 10 years of being clean and has been struggling to stay clean since.

My mom and dad help out when they can. But the both travel, work and go out a lot.

when i did go back to work my sister in law would stay the summers with us and watch my 3 and her 2 kids during the day. was way cool. they ended up getting to do much more than the daycares listed as activities too, and i got to go with a lot too!

Archived