LegacyGT.com

Starter relay???

midgy_56

I will start off by apologizing if this is posted in the wrong spot. I wasn’t really sure where to post this. I’ve recently started having trouble starting my 98’ Legacy GT LTD. It’s happened to me twice so far when I go to start the car; all I get is a click. I can start it by jump starting it or using a starter/charger. After I did this the first time, the car was fine for a couple of weeks and then it happened again. After I got the jump start it’s been running fine since. I was told that it could be the starter relay. I guess my question is if that sounds correct? If it is, where will I be able to find the relay and how easy is it to fix myself. Thanks in advance for any help.

• 2 weeks later...
Not the battery, it happened again and was able to start it without jumpstarting it. When I turned the key it would click once, I was told once it gets to the clicking point, rapidly turn the key and it would start, I did that and it ended up starting after a couple of seconds of turning the key. Does this sound like the starter? If so, how hard is it to replace the starter?

Archived