LegacyGT.com

turbo on 98 GT

98glacier

Do you mean that you are looking for a kit??

I know that SPO Motorsports has an AVO kit for the 2.5 engine. There should be a link on the front page, otherwise just go the impreza section. I think that's where you'll find it.

Here's the website,................

www.spomotorsports.com

Oh, yeah...............Welcome Noob!! :D

:munch:

Well I just went to the site.

There is a link for it on the front page. But also if you go to products, and then click the appropriate Legacy link, there you will find it also.

The description says that it will give you 100 horsepower over stock. Sounds pretty good to me.

Anyways, the only other route would be a Swap. Hope that heads you in some kind of direction. :lol::D

:munch:

just swap it. you wont be able to run high amounts of boost anyway. Your safest bet is to swap a motor and if your gt is AT, then swap a tranny too... just my opinion

Yeah, only 6 psi. Its better to just swap in a WRX motor.

Sometimes I just wish this damn car had come with an H6. I feel like a 2.7L H6 would have been perfect for the GTs.

Even at 5-6 pounds of boost, you're still talking some decent power, and you've got the extra half liter over a 2.0 swap before spool. Ease of install is another complete issue. That's a make or break for most people. Swap is gonna be the clean, tested way to go, though.

If you buy new, it doesn't make any sense...if you buy used however...

for the price of a WRX engine by itself you can have some boost served up to you.

And before giving the quick and easy "just swap it" answer, ask yourself this, how much power are you looking for? How much are youwilling to spend? And what are your future plans for the car?

Once you've done that you'll get a better idea which is better for you.

Example, for me, I'm fine with the power of the NA as is...but a little more power is all that I'm looking for, and going with a used kit (with the right tuning and EM by a good shop in my area) was the best choice for me.

Archived