LegacyGT.com

need suspension suggestions for 97 gt wagon

rallynut555

Used bilsteins from JDM are a crap shoot IMO. Lots of variations in the mileage, springs used with the shocks, etc. You won't always get what you're really looking for, and well, it really won't last as long as a new set of shocks (since most already have 30-40k on them).

GR-2's w/ eibachs are good for one step above stock. AGX's only if you feel that you are going to be needing the extra adjustability (heck, even some successful autocrossers use the more basic GR2's and springs...just what you prefer and what you're willing to spend).

I'm running GR2 on my 99 leggy gt wagon unfortunately the springs are by Intrax - they work fine but it wouldn't have been my first choice.

Whoa, finally someone who's had intrax installed :icon_mrgr. Could you give us your driving impressions on them? Everyone seems to go HR or Eibachs or STi...the intrax is a favorite of other car guys but not Subbies apparently.

I'm running GR2 on my 99 leggy gt wagon unfortunately the springs are by Intrax - they work fine but it wouldn't have been my first choice.

I have heard alot of complaints about Intrax springs. Yet I have them on my BG and I enjoy them tremendously. What is it that you don't like about them? The ride??

I like that fact that they're not to stiff and the ride is still comfortable. :)

:munch:

I have heard alot of complaints about Intrax springs. Yet I have them on my BG and I enjoy them tremendously. What is it that you don't like about them? The ride??

I like that fact that they're not to stiff and the ride is still comfortable. :)

Whoa, finally someone who's had intrax installed :icon_mrgr. Could you give us your driving impressions on them? Everyone seems to go HR or Eibachs or STi...the intrax is a favorite of other car guys but not Subbies apparently.

Actually, I do like the ride its stiff enough for better performance but the ride is still comfortable. It wouldn't be my first choice mainly because the impression I got, from going thru some forums, is that they are not as popular as the Eibachs, Teins, HR and so forth. I have Eibachs on my other car (97 Acura CL) and the ride is harsher than on my leggy.

• 3 weeks later...

^^^^

good question.

Going on what I've read here on the Forums I would have to say that the Intrax springs are lower and not as stiff as the Eibach springs.

I know from having them that the Intrax Springs drop "1.75 all around. If this helps you at all :)

:munch:

^^^^

good question.

Going on what I've read here on the Forums I would have to say that the Intrax springs are lower and not as stiff as the Eibach springs.

I know from having them that the Intrax Springs drop "1.75 all around. If this helps you at all :)

Thanks for the info. I think I'll be going with the Eibachs. I had them on my RS with AGXs. Don't wanna lower the car too much.

• 2 weeks later...
^^^^

good question.

I would def agree with Manny on this! I have the Eibach's on my 97 Acura CL 3.0 and the drop isnt as low as on my Leggy.

• 2 weeks later...

The Toyo's are pretty good. They stick well in both dry and wet and not noisy. I will probably need to get new treads for next summer.

This is my wife's daily driver so I can't do much with it. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/BFE_Vern/Subaru/sub7.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/BFE_Vern/Subaru/sub16.jpg

That GT looks nice. I had the TOYO Proxe TPT's when I first bought the car. I loved the way the stuck and the car tracked great. Stayed well planted in tight turns. Just a little harsh on expansion joints. But am considering going back to them next time. Maybe the FZ4's??

Mike

I ran the TPT's for 2 years up in North Eastern Ohio. Had a steep asphalt drive and never had a problem getting in the garage. Once when there was 10 inches of snow I had to make a couple of runs. But always cleared snow after the car was in the garage. Like I said earlier, the side wall was pretty stiff, and you could tell on a less than smooth road. But they really hung in the tight corners under hard acceleration.

Archived