Continental vs Khumo

f1anatic

New tires: all season, on a budget  

47 members have voted

1. 1. New tires: all season, on a budget

• Conti Extreme Contact
    • Kumho Ecsta ASX
    • Other, within the price range

Just ordered our second set of Contis for my wife's 02 Legacy L. She LOVES them. I have never heard her comment about tires until I replaced the stockers with these several years ago. And again, the other day after driving with the new set for the first time, she again remarked how quiet and comfortable the ride was (she has previously commented about how well they handled in the snow).

I run Nokians in the winter and don't drive her car much so I can't offer much in the way of first hand feedback.

Good luck with your choice.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

• 2 weeks later...
got the kuhmo's put on yesterday. I'm loving them. very quite and stick to the road quite well.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I'm going to have two sets of wheels/tires. The OEM 18s for summer and the Contis on 17" for the winter. As I wrote in another post, an A/S with an emphasis on snow traction is what I'm looking for for Chicagoland winter driving.

i went with pirelli p3000 for my 02 LGT....cant wait to see how it does in the snow...considering its an all weather tire.

i called 3 places and all three consistently told me to go wth the pirellis over the good years or the kuhmos that i was comparing

Archived