LegacyGT.com

My battery died...is this normal?

Check the battery drain with an ampmeter, disconnect the positive terminal from the battery and put it inline with the cable, any more than a few milliamps (for the security and stuff) and you have a problem.

+1

Stay Stock Stay Happy

well kids...after a comprehensive examination of everything that could possibly have drained my battery, it was not until one of the last things I checked that I noticed the problem. It appeared that the driver's side reading lamp button was pressed in. sure enough - it was. My buddy who drove it home the day of my accident must have left it on. At least he was nice enough to come over tonight, jump it and drive it around for a while.

Thanks everyone!

Good to know that your LGT is back on the road again!

Best wishes for continued fast-healing! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Bad update:

1. My ankle wounds became infected and I spent the entire Labor Day weekend in the hospital hooked up to an IV. I think I'm fine now but it could have been ugly.

2. I went to my LGT again tonight for the first time since my friends jumped it and drove it around and it was DEAD AGAIN!? WTF?! I'm pissed and will take it to the dealer when I'm able to drive again.

Remember, if it truly is the battery, you have to take it to the dealer complaining of this issue 3 times before they will replace it! And if you charge it up before you go in, then they will most likely say everything checks out OK! I know....been there!

It's your little brother or cousin or someone listening to their CDs when you're not around. Not starting the car, just running off the battery. lol...

Definitely sounds like a warranty issue. I'd get it checked.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Jump start + "driving around" won't necessarily charge the battery much, especially if that's followed by sitting unused for a while. Jump start + 350 mile highway run might get you close, but wet-cell batteries respond best to long charge at low amperage. It's also possible that being fully discharged was bad for the battery... every charge/discharge cycle in a wet cell tends to build up crud on the plates, eventually this can short between plates and cause the battery to "drop a cell." The dinky batteries on my motorcycle did that one too many times and I bought an absorbed-glass-mat battery that's been in the bike for years now.

So how do I get it to the dealer with a dead battery as one poster suggested? Call Subaru Roadside?

Exactly - good for the first 3yrs or 36,000 miles which ever comes first. Let them handle it. Information is in your owner's manual and includes the phone numbe to reach them. But 1-800-Subaru3 will get you there.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

ok....just an FYI....I tried jumping it shortly after I posted the update above and it wouldn't even start (nothing - no turing over or anything). I'm just going to let it sit until I find someone and some time to allow me to take her into the dealer with Roadside Assistance.

Grrr.....

ok....just an FYI....I tried jumping it shortly after I posted the update above and it wouldn't even start (nothing - no turing over or anything). I'm just going to let it sit until I find someone and some time to allow me to take her into the dealer with Roadside Assistance.

Grrr.....

If your battey is totally drained, you'll have to let the other car run for a while with the cables hooked up to get a little charge into the battery. If the battery was completely and utterly drained it may be ruined.

towed her to the dealer today....won't know the diagnosis until monday when service reopens. The one guy that was left in service said they can't sit for more than a week. I was in no mood to argue so I'll wait for Monday.

Typical service guy answer. Cars can sit for MUCH longer than a week and start no problem. I've done months.

- The Mortgage Man

towed her to the dealer today....won't know the diagnosis until monday when service reopens. The one guy that was left in service said they can't sit for more than a week. I was in no mood to argue so I'll wait for Monday.

the one guy left was he the porter? :lol: that is one piss poor service person go to another dealer if you can or talk to the manager he needs to straighten that clown out. 2 weeks! you should be able to go 2 months with a good battery. not recommended but still it should be able to. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived