LegacyGT.com

Its almost x-mas/WISH LIST TIME!

As it is nearing x-mas i am wanting to get together a list of things i want for my lovely non-modified 2.5i.

REAR SWAY BARS- Dont know the first thing about any of this. Dont plan on doing any auto xing or anything like that. live in ohio so will need something that is rust proof or something along that line. I just drive fast along curved roads thats all. Dont know if they make a FRONT sway bar or not.

HEADER- Basing this judgement off of what others have went with i guess it is just a metter of opinion. So feel free to post yours. The only thing is the cel that it might throw. Was throwing the idea up in the air about the mil eliminator but have never messed with anything like that so i dont know.

WHEELS/TIRES- I have the size narrowed down anyways. LOL 18x8.5 with a 48 offset. This set of wheels and tires will be used for summer only. Will keep the stock for winter. Dont know if i want a gunmetal or a greyish black with a polished lip. Or even a hyper silver. Still gathering options as far as everyone elses cars.

STS- Most likely going to get a Kartboy with the bushings front and rear. and most likely will be getting this upgrade next payday. At least this way i can drive my semi slow car fast with the shifting of mario andretti in mind.

SPRINGS- Want that look that will fill in the wheel gap. So far the only thing that i know is the "H" springs. if i get the 18's i will want that gap filled in so any input on this would be greatly appreciated too.

CG LOCKS- After getting all of these upgrades i will be able to handle the turns alot better and what better way to enjoy that but to be buckled up in the notorious CG LOCKS. Cheap way of a restraint but still retains that factory look.

I already have an exhaust. But when i ever install the header i will have to do some customizin to be able to match it up. Thats where that Mil eliminator will come in if it actually works.

Again this is based on what i want but have no idea what to get as far as the categories goes. Everything has been from what i seen on here and now it is just getting it norrowed down by who liked what. And hopefully by the begining of next year i will have all of this on. I plan ahead rather than doing something at the last minute. Because after this i will write it all down and get it framed and look at it every morning and it will be my goal. But hey thanks for reading this long Wish list story and thanks for all of your input that you might have.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

your not going to get a lot of power out of the non turbo. focus on suspension. do tires and light weight wheels first. then springs/ or coilovers and if that's not enough...then add sway bars. (note: strut tower braces are a waste of money IMO)

I have JDM 20mm rear sway bar and is a much improvement over the factory pencil one. Its a good -inexpensive mod. I also wouldnt waste the money on a header. My next mod is a perrin pulley its ligther and not underdriven, should help us N/A guys for better acceleration.
...when death calls, Im good. I got caller ID.:icon_bigg

My fender gap was cure with Tein H-Techs on 18" wheels. I'm thinking about getting rid of them next month and going a different route with my suspension. Also, Id suggest getting a lightened crank pulley, it helps a lot with throttle response for use N/A guys.

I'd also suggest paying a little more and getting the Cobb short shifter. I have a Kartboy right now and I really like the dual adjustment of the Cobb shifter, plus its $25 more. STi tranny mount along with front and rear shifter bushing will help shifting a lot.

I love my Cusco rear sway bar, so far there are no front sway bars for the 2.5i.

My fender gap was cure with Tein H-Techs on 18" wheels. I'm thinking about getting rid of them next month and going a different route with my suspension. Also, Id suggest getting a lightened crank pulley, it helps a lot with throttle response for use N/A guys.

I'd also suggest paying a little more and getting the Cobb short shifter. I have a Kartboy right now and I really like the dual adjustment of the Cobb shifter, plus its $25 more. STi tranny mount along with front and rear shifter bushing will help shifting a lot.

I love my Cusco rear sway bar, so far there are no front sway bars for the 2.5i.

+1 on the pulley. I cant belive that i forgot about that. So let me ask you this then? Why dont you like your suspension? Is it the springs? Also as far as the STS goes. People are saying that the bushings on the COBB are crap. So i figured kartboy because nobody has said anything about it. And a transmisson mount. never gace taht much thought. Kudos though.

OTM.

+1 on the pulley. I cant belive that i forgot about that. So let me ask you this then? Why dont you like your suspension? Is it the springs? Also as far as the STS goes. People are saying that the bushings on the COBB are crap. So i figured kartboy because nobody has said anything about it. And a transmisson mount. never gace taht much thought. Kudos though.

Im getting bored of the H-Techs and wanting to go a little more agressive on the spring rates.

I'm running KB front and rear bushings and I like them, but I'm thinking about switching out my shifter to the Cobb because of the double adjustability. Being able to adjust the length of the throws while still maintaining the stick height is something I like about the Cobb.

I hear ya. I was up in the air about the shifters. And it seemed that everyone said yet get the COBB but stay away from there bushings. But i am wanting to replace the bushing front and rear. I even asked a top mechanic on another site that works on scoobys all the time, and explained the reason for asking. And he even said do yourself a favor and just get the kartboy. Youll have less problems.

So now back to these springs. What are you meaning when you say more agressive? Is the "H" Springs pretty much for looks or something?

OTM.

I hear ya. I was up in the air about the shifters. And it seemed that everyone said yet get the COBB but stay away from there bushings. But i am wanting to replace the bushing front and rear. I even asked a top mechanic on another site that works on scoobys all the time, and explained the reason for asking. And he even said do yourself a favor and just get the kartboy. Youll have less problems.

So now back to these springs. What are you meaning when you say more agressive? Is the "H" Springs pretty much for looks or something?

The H-Techs are "Luxury" versions and in my opinion are more for looks than performance. They do get rid of most of the squat during acceleration and rear end lift during braking and definately improve handling.

So are you going to try the S techs? Say the only things i am looking for is that look and occasional handling. I want it to be there when i want it to. I live out in the country so it helps. I had just thought i read something about the S techs somewhere, and they didnt like them. Ill have to do some digging.

OTM.

So are you going to try the S techs? Say the only things i am looking for is that look and occasional handling. I want it to be there when i want it to. I live out in the country so it helps. I had just thought i read something about the S techs somewhere, and they didnt like them. Ill have to do some digging.

No, I was thinking about going with pink springs on either a set of Bilsteins or the Tokicos. Either that setup or going with a set of coilovers. I consider the S-Techs as Slam-Techs as they really drop the car, too low for my liking.

Thank god! The throttle response is sooooo slow right now!

how much does one usually cost installed?

Cobb is $135, WorxTuning is $120 and I don't remember Perrins price off hand.

I have the WorxTuning and plan on installing it this weekend if that stupid hurricane/tropical storm doesnt do any damage.

Just my 2 cents on wheels. Watch out how big you go. You can fit a whole lot under that wheel well, but you have to be mindful of unsprung weight. ( the weight of items not supported by suspension) as the weight goes up, the effect on handling increases also. I have an 04 and while doing my research and asking for advise this is one of the answers i got. therefore, I went to 17 7.5 Enkei and put KDW's on. 215x45. Am still putting them to the test, but so far, all is good. Very little road noise and great traction. Only @1k. Am keeping oem 16 for winter use and will be putting Blizzaks on them. have not upgraded calipers yet, but until I am ready to get another set of 17's for the winter, my rotor and pad upgrade is keeping my car happy. and me.

O.

Just my 2 cents on wheels. Watch out how big you go. You can fit a whole lot under that wheel well, but you have to be mindful of unsprung weight. ( the weight of items not supported by suspension) as the weight goes up, the effect on handling increases also. I have an 04 and while doing my research and asking for advise this is one of the answers i got. therefore, I went to 17 7.5 Enkei and put KDW's on. 215x45. Am still putting them to the test, but so far, all is good. Very little road noise and great traction. Only @1k. Am keeping oem 16 for winter use and will be putting Blizzaks on them. have not upgraded calipers yet, but until I am ready to get another set of 17's for the winter, my rotor and pad upgrade is keeping my car happy. and me.

O.

My 18x8 wheels with 225/40/18s weigh about 7lb less per wheel than my stock oem 16s with RE92 stockers.

Archived