LegacyGT.com

Compendium of Tire Reviews: Please sticky

LawGT

#1) What tire are you offering for review: Michelin Pilot Super Sport A/S 3+

#2) What is your geographic location: Reno/Tahoe

#3) What types of driving events if any (Track, AutoX, Commute , etc): occasional spirited driving

#4) Percent of highway vs. city driving: 50/50

#5) Tires used previously: DWS A/S, MPSS A/S 3

#6) Your review and personal comments:

Previous Michelin's lasted 20k miles (Discount Tire prorated), roads in this area are tough on tires, wet & dry performance was excellent, packed snow or ice not so good. I was very hesitant to buy the new model Michelin again but since they claimed there was a 28% snow/ice improvement I gave them a shot.

I'm very impressed with A/S 3+ dry & wet is still excellent, it's a very quiet smooth riding tire, packed snow with some ice performance is greatly improved, fresh snow ( it's been dumping up here so I took her out for some fun) is very good and of course any A/S on ice is not going to be the greatest.

I was looking to buy a set of these tires. I really don't know what to get...so many tired and so many reviews. I want something on my 2.5i that allows me to have very good dry and wet handling, but also allow me to have better handling on snow and ice than my goodyear assurance oem's. These seem to be rated very very well on dry/wet, and pretty decent on snow (but am hoping they are better than mine on snow). I guess I was thinking about these, the DWS 06's, or CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just put on a set of Sumitomo HTR P02 225/45/17 W rated tires. 39/37 F/R. Driven the car up speeds of 90 mph and tracks well. Good initial turn in. Biggest change is how smooth and unbelievably quiet these tires are either at 35 mph or 80 mph - like extremely quiet. Maybe a little (very slight) mushier than the Bridgestone Potenza RE 960 Pole Positions that I have run for years but ride quality for a daily driver is superior in my opinion. Even quieter than my Michelin Alpin winter tires that are H rated. Car hits bumps and potholes and is quiet and much less shock transmitted into cabin. Seem to grip well but I don't drive the crap out of my car just a little spirited driving here and there. These tires along with the new aluminum control arms ( complete w/ all bushings ans ball joints), replacement end links and new OEM steering rack bushings make the car feel more of a solid piece on all road conditions. Haven't driven in snow or rain but Tire Rack gives these good reviews ( for an all season tire) in wet or snowy conditions. Not the most aggressive tire but grip well enough and for $465.00 mounted and balanced out the door I can't complain.

I'm running Bilsteins on Pinks with stock sways.

Edited by sic GT

Just put on a set of Sumitomo HTR P02 225/45/17 W rated tires. 39/37 F/R. Driven the car up speeds of 90 mph and tracks well. Good initial turn in. Biggest change is how smooth and unbelievably quiet these tires are either at 35 mph or 80 mph - like extremely quiet. Maybe a little (very slight) mushier than the Bridgestone Potenza RE 960 Pole Positions that I have run for years but ride quality for a daily driver is superior in my opinion. Even quieter than my Michelin Alpin winter tires that are H rated. Car hits bumps and potholes and is quiet and much less shock transmitted into cabin. Seem to grip well but I don't drive the crap out of my car just a little spirited driving here and there. These tires along with the new aluminum control arms ( complete w/ all bushings ans ball joints), replacement end links and new OEM steering rack bushings make the car feel more of a solid piece on all road conditions. Haven't driven in snow or rain but Tire Rack gives these good reviews ( for an all season tire) in wet or snowy conditions. Not the most aggressive tire but grip well enough and for $465.00 mounted and balanced out the door I can't complain.

I'm running Bilsteins on Pinks with stock sways.

Edited by sic GT