LegacyGT.com

2007 Legacy GT sedan... made in the USA ?

What is the parts content ratio for the Legacy? (I haven't looked at a window sticker in a while...)

I doubt it is over the 70 or 75% required to be considered a domestic vehicle. Technically, some fords and GMs are built in Canada and Mexico with more than 30% parts content from that country, and aren't "domestic" either. The Mustang and F150 I believe are included.

But it seems to me that the Legacy was somewhere around 60% american parts content, with the engine and drivetrain components being the major imported componentry, along with some other parts and electronics....

What is the parts content ratio for the Legacy? (I haven't looked at a window sticker in a while...)

When I bought my 05, I coulda sworn the sticker said 95% Japanese and 5% Canadian/Domestic. I could be very mistaken though.

I doubt it is over the 70 or 75% required to be considered a domestic vehicle. Technically, some fords and GMs are built in Canada and Mexico with more than 30% parts content from that country, and aren't "domestic" either. The Mustang and F150 I believe are included.

But it seems to me that the Legacy was somewhere around 60% american parts content, with the engine and drivetrain components being the major imported componentry, along with some other parts and electronics....

45% japan, 55% usa AFAIK on my window sticker that I have pinned up on my board.

Keefe

engine and tranny are cast in japan but the 4cyl engines are hand assembled at SIA. the vehicles are actually stamped here, most of the steel and aluminum is from north america also. The electronics are all japanese, as are many of the interior bits and pieces. Lots of ancilliaries like dashboards for the B9 and wiper regulators and things are sourced from US subcontractors so the content is growing. Nice to know that the "domestics" can't afford the hard working american workforce while the "imports" can.

engine and tranny are cast in japan but the 4cyl engines are hand assembled at SIA. the vehicles are actually stamped here, most of the steel and aluminum is from north america also. The electronics are all japanese, as are many of the interior bits and pieces. Lots of ancilliaries like dashboards for the B9 and wiper regulators and things are sourced from US subcontractors so the content is growing. Nice to know that the "domestics" can't afford the hard working american workforce while the "imports" can.

:orly:

The sticker says that engine & transsmison are from Japan. I'd guess that means these are assembled there, no?

:orly:

The sticker says that engine & transsmison are from Japan. I'd guess that means these are assembled there, no?

The parts are from japan. The h6's and tranny comes complete but the 4 cylinder motors are built up "from scratch". All the guts (pistons, rods, cams, bolts, etc) are built in japan as are the short block halves and most of the heads. On short notice we can get heads cast/machined here in the states.

Archived