LegacyGT.com

Looks like my car is going to rot in my driveway for a bit

Ok.... I was given a 20-day temp, Car finally purchased on August 31st, 20 days Sept 19th. It turns out that the dealership never sent the paper work to DMV; the person in charge of this went on vacation and won't be back to next week. So there is the delay. I'm upset because this deal wasn't very smooth, and had me go back and forth to the dealer. The sale of the car was excellent, the dealer did not hit me with extra charges and unwanted stuff, and I asked them if I could add options that the car didn't have installed like the subwoofer and the auto-dimming mirror. They said ok, and told me it would be $5 more a month for those two things. Fine, great excellent - I'm happy. The price was great, I'm happy about that. The paper work wasn't done in such a great manner, it took 3 visits to finish off the paper work, I also would've had the car on Monday August 30th, but the car wasn't cleaned and was missing the fuse for the air conditioner (I'm guessing it was never PDI as I heard some people call it). I went last week to find out what the hold up was with the registration, and was assured everything is ok, and the person is on vacation but it'll be there soon. This week the person is still on vacation, and it might be there next Wednesday. If it wasn't for this, I would've been very satisfied with the deal, but it's 2 weeks of having a car that you’re paying for and can't use. Plus, it's new, and I'm sure the first month you guys had your car you were all over it - I'm not, it sits in my driveway collecting dust and leaves. That is why I've gotten very bitter with this. I've been to this dealer 5 times between August 30th and September 18th. Someone said I'm getting vicious with the dealer, I haven't raised my voice with them until last night. Until last night I've been very diplomatic with them. (btw... the dealership is a 30 minute drive.) - Mike

In CT dealers actually have the resource to register it right at the dealership. They have actual CT plates and I think it's the best thing they ever did. this whole thread is ridiculous because all the dealer needs to do is give him dealer plates. I would be standing in the showroom yelling, assuming you talk nicely first and ask for dealer plates.

Archived