LegacyGT.com

Quick D/P question

GTTuner

Anyway, I flashed stage 2 and did a couple of runs.....holy crap!!!! I pulled off the highway and when I turned and punched it in first the whole car broke loose and spun all 4 wheels sideways. The road was damp, but I NEVER experienced that kind of power in this car. It pulls 5k to 6500 VERY hard. I'm very impressed.

Check your tire pressures, bro! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ Yikes! Why so low? Are you still on the stockers?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Did the DP Friday night. The two top bolts holding the flange to the turbo were missing the nuts. Only the heat shield was stopping them from falling out!!! Amazingly it didn't leak.

Anyway, I flashed stage 2 and did a couple of runs.....holy crap!!!! I pulled off the highway and when I turned and punched it in first the whole car broke loose and

spun all 4 wheels sideways. The road was damp, but I NEVER experienced that kind of power in this car. It pulls 5k to 6500 VERY hard. I'm very impressed.

So I went back to me TDC stage 1 for now until I order my new UP from TDC "just in case" it's hurting it. Damn.....loving it.

Congrats on getting it done. I installed my Crucial UP, gutted the DP, and flashed my TDC map on Saturday. Started around 9am and finished up at about 2:30pm. Haven't had any leaks yet (fingers crossed).

I gotta say, I was hoping for more. It certainly is faster, especially pulling from higher speeds, but I really had higher expectations. I think I keep doing this to myself though; first with SS brake lines, then with new wheels and tires, Stage 1, and now Stage 2. Nothing has been as dramatic as I was expecting given what I had read. I think my sensitivity to these things is just really low. It would be interesting to drive a stock LGT and feel the difference.

I was expecting more turbo/exhaust noise with the elimination of 2 cats as well. Doesn't sound any different to me. I'm eagerly awaiting cooler weather though, as I can already notice quite a bit more power on the cooler nights.

Oh crap, your out in Cali.....you only have monkey piss 91 octane out there?

Plus the heat would kill any big gains.

That's disappointing to hear. Sometimes you get used to how quick your car/truck/bike is.

Kind of like a woman. The first hundred times u get laid she's a queen. After that she's the ugly fat chick nobody wants:lol:

I wish i was stage 2 and call it slow. I'm trying really hard not to buy some pipes.

Do eet!!!!

GTTuner,

Yeah, crap gas and hot weather = no bueno. Add SoCal traffic to that list and it's almost not worth having a fast car. :lol: Yeah right!

Archived