LegacyGT.com

CD Player stopped working

JStaggs

Well I have an 06 GT Limited (cobb stage 1) and the CD Player just stopped working about a week ago. Just looking for some suggestions. I haven't tried pulling any fuses yet but I'm thinking the whole unit may need to be replaced. The radio still works fine. If I hit the CD button, nothing happens. If I try to eject anything using the eject button, I get a beep and then nothing happens. I know I'm going to have to deal with hell at the dealer getting it replaced under warranty because I have an amp and sub hooked up. Any suggestions on things to try or do you guys think I am sol and ready for a warranty replacement?

Sounds like your CD player module died. The same behavior happens if you put the radio back in without the CD changer at all. I don't see how the Sub could have affected the CD player module...I think you're due for a warranty replacement, but if the sub is easy to take out or blends in well enough (stealthbox?), it certainly wouldn't hurt to keep a low profile.

If the dealer refuses to replace it, you might try taking it apart to see if the ribbon cable for the CD player just came loose or something. Unplugging the power for awhile might be all it needs too - that would be a good first step.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Any update on the CD player?

My died this morning. It's having similar problems where it won't play anything nor eject. I think the problem is with my changer thou. Taking it in on Friday. I have no mods with my audio system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
CD changer replaced and I am a happy man having digital quality music back in my car again. Only one thing. They said they don't take the CD's out of the old changer. They ship the changer back to Subaru and then Subaru removes the CD's and sends them back to the dealer. Interesting... I asked to see the changer and they beat around the bush so much I figured it wasn't worth arguing with them and went on my way

Archived