LegacyGT.com

Help!!! Re dents in leather seats..

danHA

My stupid self placed a heavy printer on my rear seat for a few days and now the dents left from the legs of the printer will not go away. Will this eventually disappear on its own or do I need to take action???

Will warranty cover this? Any help is appreciated!

dude, it goes away...

Give it some time, sit in the seats, wear it in...

Be careful though not to do it too much though, as mine do the same when I put stuff on it and whatnot, leather will always make indentions (that is a good indication it is really leather!)

My stupid self placed a heavy printer on my rear seat for a few days and now the dents left from the legs of the printer will not go away. Will this eventually disappear on its own or do I need to take action???

I'm curious why you would think that your warranty should cover something you did to your vehicle? I'm not trying to be a wanker, but why should Subaru fix something that you did? It certainly isn't because it is cheap leather, it was because you put a heavy printer in a passenger car.

I saw several posts of dog owners that wanted the warranty to cover Fido's misdeeds in the back seat. :confused: I don't get it?

Off my soap box...

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

I'm curious why you would think that your warranty should cover something you did to your vehicle? I'm not trying to be a wanker, but why should Subaru fix something that you did? It certainly isn't because it is cheap leather, it was because you put a heavy printer in a passenger car.

I saw several posts of dog owners that wanted the warranty to cover Fido's misdeeds in the back seat. :confused: I don't get it?

Off my soap box...

Yeah, it was my fault, and I doubt warranty will cover it, but just had to ask. Hopefully it'll go away. I heard using a steam vacumn will take it out. I'll probably go to a car wash and see if they can do that.

Yeah, it was my fault, and I doubt warranty will cover it, but just had to ask. Hopefully it'll go away. I heard using a steam vacumn will take it out. I'll probably go to a car wash and see if they can do that.

My guess is, it will just go away. My son's car seat does the same thing. Once I move it, the indentations go away after a couple of days.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Try these for indentations. I got a set of LGT limited seats for free (Well I paid the $75 shipping) but they are nasty. If the leather can't be salvaged, I will transplant my cloth cushions to these seats to have power seats.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/zuczek/Photo_081006_001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/zuczek/Photo_081006_008.jpg

^ WTH happened?

Shipping damage. I got all of my money back sans the shipping and the seller said that I can either ship them back at his expense (he pays for shipping both ways) or I pay shipping to me and he will refund 100% for the seats. I kept them. Even worth it for a power seat transplant.

I had some leather chairs delivered from a furniture store that had two dipressions in one of the seat cushions. They sent a guy out the next day and he used a damp towel and a steam iron to work a majority of the dimples out. The remainders went away with regular use.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Try these for indentations. I got a set of LGT limited seats for free (Well I paid the $75 shipping) but they are nasty. If the leather can't be salvaged, I will transplant my cloth cushions to these seats to have power seats.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/zuczek/Photo_081006_001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/zuczek/Photo_081006_008.jpg

Sorry to say, but this will never go back to the original condition. (nie da rady :( ). Hope you can fix them in some other way.

Archived