LegacyGT.com

1st Purchase Attempt - failed

I'm not sure how invoice price is EVER above the going rate for Subarus. If you've been around them for a while you know that the average price is at least 1000 over invoice. Oh.. if your car has single digits on it that means the service department did not properly PDI the car. Your car should have at least 15 miles on it if it was properly PDI'd rather than just put on the lot without being checked over first. I'm not here to argue with people on the internet about price. The fact is that I take care of people that buy here and if I'm a couple hundred bucks higher than the next guy at least you're getting your money's worth. Personally I'd be more than happy to pay a few hundred more to have a salesman I know I can call on his cell phone if I have any issues or need help with anything. Not everyone is like that and I respect that. However, please don't act like I'm trying to rip someone off by charging invoice. ;) I take pride in my job and I work hard at it. The last thing I would ever do is "rip off" a fellow Subaru enthusiast. -Tim

[quote name='crazyhorse']I'm not sure how invoice price is EVER above the going rate for Subarus. If you've been around them for a while you know that the average price is at least 1000 over invoice. Oh.. if your car has single digits on it that means the service department did not properly PDI the car. Your car should have at least 15 miles on it if it was properly PDI'd rather than just put on the lot without being checked over first. I'm not here to argue with people on the internet about price. The fact is that I take care of people that buy here and if I'm a couple hundred bucks higher than the next guy at least you're getting your money's worth. Personally I'd be more than happy to pay a few hundred more to have a salesman I know I can call on his cell phone if I have any issues or need help with anything. Not everyone is like that and I respect that. However, please don't act like I'm trying to rip someone off by charging invoice. ;) I take pride in my job and I work hard at it. The last thing I would ever do is "rip off" a fellow Subaru enthusiast. -Tim[/quote] i think one of the things we're losing sight on, is that crazyhorse has done everything but drop to his knees to help a fellow member out on getting a deal on the car. he means well - dont let the details distort anything else. the market in that area obviously is different than the ones we live in, which varies as well.

He has indeed gone as far as anyone could ask a salesperson to go. The only flaw in the whole thing is that his management still thinks a car with 3000 miles on it is attractive to a new car buyer. We all know I can walk into another dealership, offer $200 over invoice for a car with 10 miles on it and come out far better than this situation. If Tim extends the that kind of offer to me, I'll buy from him simply because of his dedication. Charlotte is only a 3 hour drive for me. There is an identical car in Orlando and in Raliegh/Durham. The Orlando dealership obviously doens't understand how email works; I've heard nothing from them since making the request on their website. I haven't contacted the one in Raleigh because that's a 7 hour trip each way. I may just order one from the local dealer and wait for it to be built.

If I had one here to offer you for a couple hundred over I would in a heartbeat. I could order one... but we're back to the waiting thing bit. You're welcome to make me an offer on the demo but I can't promise they'll take it. I appreciate the kind words.. again.. I apologize if I was defensive.

[quote name='crazyhorse']If I had one here to offer you for a couple hundred over I would in a heartbeat. I could order one... but we're back to the waiting thing bit. You're welcome to make me an offer on the demo but I can't promise they'll take it. I appreciate the kind words.. again.. I apologize if I was defensive.[/quote] when it's management's call on the numbers and it's utimately their call, you've done all you can on your end. can't blame you for defending yourself when the frustration should be pointed at management :twisted:

[quote name='John M']They're so heavy mine ran 12.5 @ 109 using stock turbos, cat-back, and fuel pump. It also shifted fine after 10 years of driving.[/quote] Just because it ran 12.5 doesn't mean it's not heavy. It weighs over 3800 lbs, that's heavy, compadre. It takes a lot of modification to make one of those pigs run a 12.5.

I hate to keep two topics going in one thread, but here goes anyway: To run 12.5, it needs: 550cc injectors ($500) Apexi SAFC ($300) Downpipe ($300) MBC ($30) That's it - less than $1200. It's far less than most "staged" mods for the Subaru too. This is for a 94+ 6spd car; the 91-92 5spds may run 1-2 tenths slower. And it actually weighs just under 3800 lbs. I add another 275 myself, which is why I don't waste time trying to remove weight from the car.

Archived