LegacyGT.com

Vanishing Point Run

While watching the 1971 movie Vanishing Point (UK release) again last night I started having a small fantasy of making the 15 hour (midnight to 3pm) run from Denver CO to San Francisco CA.

Do you think it can be done? If you where to do it, what would you make the run in and why? What would you bring with you?

I'm still trying to decide what I would drive it in, maybe the LGT (it's a pretty good Grand Touring car), or maybe not and go with something else.

What do you think?

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

I drove from Lake Tahoe to Phx, left at 5pm, got there at 6am, in a Civic, only got stopped for speeding once, I was in neutral, coasting down a long hill into Bishop, got me at 88 but dropped it to 79 for me. It was cool driving throught he night, highly recommended.

What did you drive? You had to be moving! I understand that to do the Danver to San Fran run you'd have to average 85mph the entire way.

Salt Lake City to Oakland in 8 hours once. NP Denver to SF. You can haul ass from 30 or so miles west of SLC all the way to about 25-30 miles east of Reno. Includes 2 stops for gas.

Archived