LegacyGT.com

Supply and Demand is a no-no?

BigT

Hey guys,

Just figured I'd try something new with a sale of some goods. Apparently this is not allowed though. I generally try to follow rules, but I'm not so sure why this wouldn't be allowed. My reasons are as follows:

1. Why not let Supply and Demand set the price of an object?

2. I'd rather offer the item for sale only to our community rather than to anyone who can find ebay - in a way its like promoting our site.

3. I looked through the rules, and it didn't seem to break any of them.

http://legacygt.com/forums/member-classifieds/40614-perrin-up-sensor.html

Any ideas?

It seems like the mod was pretty clear. This isn't Ebay, so either post the price or put it on Ebay. I'm not sure exactly why, but they must have their reasons.

Look at it this way, there is probably nothing in the rules saying you are not allowed to infect the site with the blaster virus worm thing, but that doesn't mean it's ok to do it. If you follow that train of thought, we'd end up with 10 times the amount of amendments that we have in the constitution.

Just because there are no written rules, it doesn't mean you have the right to do it if they say no. It is their site, no?

Let's beat this dead horse some more, shall we?

It's about time that people stopped trying to use loop holes as a way to beat the system.

:soap_box:

Ahhh... loopholes usually refer to an ambiguity in wording of rules, not a complete omission. I'm not trying to beat the system, in fact their is no system in place. I merely had an idea, and thought that it would work. Supply and demand are pretty much the foundations of our economic system, so I thought it would be good enough for our site. I just wanted to try something new. I'm not sure why so many people are so ticked off about it. I do like the idea of an auction, but I would also like to see the product go to somebody from our community. It's not an impossibility, it is apparently just something that other people are very opposed to. My question is why are they opposed to this idea?

Archived