LegacyGT.com

Enthusiast Meet~!!

RacingFish

As a Valley native and former Phx resident, I'm amazed at the Subie revolution down there. Never thought I see the day of AWD enthusiasts in the desert.....awesome.

Ooooooh.....palm trees (sigh)

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

I grew up in Northern Arizona, barely heard of Subaru until I got to college @ NAU. Talk about Subbie heaven. Friends of mine worked at the dealership up there, that's how I got into mine. Perfect fit for the awesome winter we had a few years back. Now that I'm in the Valley, I just get some strange looks from ppl wondering what the hell kinda car just passed them on the freeway. Then again, it could just be my license plate...:icon_cool

Well be thankful it's a rare, misunderstood car there....here Subaru is automatically equated with lesbians and "Free Tibet" bumperstickers. This place is silly.

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

This will be a 2 part answer, I guess.

1. Up in Flagstaff, where I went to school, if you drove a Subbie you were automatically labeled a hippie. That's just the type of place it is. It couldn't be more from the truth for myself, but that's the label you're usually given up there.

2. Well, as for the plate, I think ppl will have to wait and see until I make one of these meet and greets. There has to be some sort of anticipation, something to make it interesting for everyone involved. If i'm unable to attend in a timely manner, I'll let everyone know then.

Up in Flagstaff, where I went to school, if you drove a Subbie you were automatically labeled a hippie.

If you went to NAU you're automatically labeled a hippie... :lol::lol:

Don't feel bad, it's been that way since the 70's... :D

Archived